*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2468453
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1856633
A place to get together and chat about mental illness or about whatever is on your mind.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 5, 2012 at 10:56pm
Re: Hello I am new and I need some advice
Hi Kaz. I believe that the symptoms of a concussion or a mild tbi can only last for several months. What is it that you are having difficulty with? Is it thinking? If so, I would suggest you tell your doctor. If it is something like writers block, join the club.

My guess is that you stopped writing while you were healing from the accident. That reset your writing habits. It doesn't take long. This has happened to me. I used to write everyday, then I started focusing on other things for a few days. When I came back to writing, I couldn't get my thoughts together and couldn't write like I had previously.

Try not to be so hard on yourself about writing. I would suggest starting a poem and setting a goal of writing at least one line of poetry per day at first. You could write more, but try at least to write that one line. You can gradually increase your goal over time as you start to feel more passionate about writing. Over time, you will have set yourself back in a habit of writing.

click here
*Down**Down**Down**Down*

Heads 7 used link

click here
*Down**Down**Down**Down*

MESSAGE THREAD
Hello I am new and I need some advice · 12-05-12 10:27pm
by Kaz
*Star* Re: Hello I am new and I need some advice · 12-05-12 10:56pm
by Itchy Water~fictionandverse
Re: Re: Hello I am new and I need some advice · 12-05-12 11:35pm
by Kaz
Re: Re: Re: Hello I am new and I need some advice · 12-06-12 2:49pm
by Itchy Water~fictionandverse

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Itchy Water~fictionandverse.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2468453