*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2641306
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #1403831
For newbies seeking mentors and writers needing support via their peers; stop by today!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 1, 2014 at 7:25pm
Mentor/Mentoree Requested
by JaceCar
*Dollar* 666 GPs were sent to kiyasama with this post.
I still consider myself new to WDC, having started at the very end of August 2013. I only started writing in July, right before that... Prior to that, I was wasting all of my creative energy playing games. When I quit gaming cold-turkey, I realized that my creative spark needed another release, and I found it in writing.

My current project, "Invalid Item started in January 2014 and I have received a plethora of reviews, which have been helpful, but most of them were not what I really needed. I need someone who can help me stay on track and guide/brainstorm with me to get to a reasonable ending.

On the other hand, I have a lot of energy, especially for novels, and would be very willing to help someone in a similar way: be a big brother, gentle critic, analyst, and friend. I can help spot plot holes, unfired guns, underdeveloped characters, and more. For the right person, I could be very helpful. Just don't ask me to understand poetry... That is a blind spot for me.

I know we're not supposed to be sexist these days, but to be perfectly honest, I would prefer a female mentor/mentoree of any age over a male. My wife and I raised two sons, no daughters, so I am perplexed and daunted when it comes to writing about teenage (or any age actually) female dialogue or emotions. I have no point of reference, even though I have four sisters -- the youngest of whom are twelve years older than I.

I suppose after rambling this much, no one would be interested, but I had to ask.

My words flow like a river... far too many to make sense of sometimes. I have not gotten to the point where I can delete my own paragraphs and scenes when they become too wordy. I desperately need to figure out how to do that. Perhaps you can help me. Perhaps I can help you. Think about it.

>jace
neophyte novelist

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Mentor/Mentoree Requested · 03-01-14 7:25pm
by JaceCar
Re: Mentor/Mentoree Requested · 03-02-14 11:35am
by iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen
Re: Re: Mentor/Mentoree Requested · 03-03-14 4:35am
by JaceCar
Re: Mentor/Mentoree Requested · 03-02-14 11:39am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Mentor/Mentoree Requested · 03-03-14 4:06pm
by JaceCar
Re: Mentor/Mentoree Requested · 03-02-14 11:53am
by ~Minja~
Re: Mentor/Mentoree Requested · 03-02-14 12:36pm
by Future Mrs. B
Re: Re: Mentor/Mentoree Requested · 03-02-14 11:50pm
by JaceCar
Re: Mentor/Mentoree Requested · 08-04-14 4:05pm
by kno1

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2641306