by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Activity · #1998626
What will you come up with?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 3, 2014 at 4:16pm
Re: 3 October 2014
by Joy
Something about being different is that you are irreplaceable, one of a kind, a limited edition, and in my case, an antique, however of dubious value. It is all a matter of attitude, as being different could be uncomfortable from time to time, for being misunderstood, but then, this discomfort could be handled if people stopped trying to fit in and accept themselves as they are. This may lead to discoveries about themselves not found in anyone else.

Yet, trying too hard to be different is a dead end, also. Anyone could choose to be different, and that would be fine, but if he did unnecessary stuff just to be different, he’d be working for nothing. Life needs strategy, trade-off, and good choices. By good I mean choices that will benefit a person or those around him. One can be first, free, original, and different, but in a natural way. Then, in the long run, to be really good at what one does can be different enough.

From where I stand, I’d be more afraid to be the same as everyone, to be like the goods out of a factory line, even if my being different may not be in an effective way to be able to cause a positive change in the flow of things as some successful people in history have done. Still, I consider my little successes, especially those that took a great deal of introspection, fruitful enough, though they might not have started a positive change in others.
MESSAGE THREAD
3 October 2014 · 10-03-14 7:41am
by Rhyssa
Re: 3 October 2014 · 10-03-14 7:46am
by Rhyssa
*Star* Re: 3 October 2014 · 10-03-14 4:16pm
by Joy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rhyssa.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2743030