*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2753061
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 25, 2014 at 10:43pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Subplots?
*nods* Yup. Same here. I'm fortunate, I suppose, that the world jumped to mind with a clear "In the Beginning", but beginning a world as a sort of theogony means really building from scratch. Luckily, this world lends itself to the gods being heavily involved in the story, so knowing their background is nice. What's weird is combining the genres in which this world has presented itself: both epic and urban fantasy, with half the world like Minas Tirith facing down Mordor and the other half an almost futuristic urban sprawl run by powerful gods who are treated like movie stars are here.

I do know the main character is a human male with dwarfism who serves the Chaos aspect of the Creator Goddess. Or maybe the Devourer aspect. At least I've made up my mind that he DOESN'T serve the Younger Sister/Child aspect.

There will also be a set of twins who are a combination of Weasley twins and mysterious seer types. And the Goddess herself will appear in her Chaos form, attempting desperately to hold back her Devourer (the Incomplete One) and Younger Sister aspects, because both of them are infinitely more dangerous than even her Chaos self because she is actually a grown woman and has some control over herself in her middle form. Children, as we know, can be infinitely more cruel than any adult and are a great deal more capricious, and her Devourer form...well, it's a mindless force of destruction.

I need to give these entities names...
-Quaddy

*Reading* Check this Out! *Reading*
 The Earth Rising Quartet  (XGC)
Five-hundred years ago, Earth lost its rebellion. Now it's time for it to rise again...
#1837269 by Professor Q

*Down*Come Join In!*Down*
 The Dissolution of Alkonost   (GC)
A desert metropolis falls and magick fails in its seams. Who dares rise to save it?
#1968212 by Professor Q

*ThumbsUp*Great Contest Alert!*ThumbsUp*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1897404 by Not Available.

A signature commissioned by my August SA and made by the lovely Pixie

"Make music. Break Boundaries. End Hate." Professor Q
MESSAGE THREAD
Subplots? · 10-24-14 5:58pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Subplots? · 10-25-14 1:09pm
by šŸŒ‘ Darleen - QoD
Re: Re: Subplots? · 10-25-14 1:25pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Subplots? · 10-25-14 1:50pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Subplots? · 10-25-14 2:05pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Subplots? · 10-25-14 9:00pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Subplots? · 10-25-14 9:35pm
by Storm Machine
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Subplots? · 10-25-14 10:43pm
by Professor Q

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2753061