*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2764701
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1901527
Stalled? We are ready to help you brainstorm your way past your hurdle.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Nov 26, 2014 at 8:37pm
Re: Re: Re: Inevitable failure, here I come.
Jude's not the problem. The problem was I was trying to take a plot line that'd fit 30k words and stretch it out to 50k, which was causing the whole thing to devolve into a mess of introspection instead of Jude the Action Man. He's a thinker, yeah, but he's also a deadly soldier who's on a mission, so things need to move quickly. Once I figured that out, everything cleared for me. But it took writing for Mercutio, where I could delve into long sentences and Austen-like dialogue, to see that.

POP THOSE JOLLY RANCHERS!

I once wrote a scene for Eve that involved a bunch of gods (and Cuchulain) showing up at Lyn's apartment to watch the Super Bowl because there's a lot of praying and hoping going into a game that big and since God doesn't get involved and football teams can't absorb that belief energy, it's a buffet for the Lesser Courts. Hermes was wearing one of those beer drinking hats. I think the Greek court are Titans fans and the Norse are Vikings fans, and Cuchulain was annoyed because the Raiders suck so bad...

It was ridiculously stupid and obviously had no place in the novel, but it added words to my counter and it was hilarious. I'll have to see if I can find it.

So, yeah...if you need to write the end in order to get to 50k, so it! I wrote two different stories this year to get there.

Woo! Thanks for the compliments. I'm always glad to be reminded of my official Boss status!

As for the weather, this is Florida. We're always somewhat surprised when it's not like the planet Dagobah outside.
-Quaddy

*Reading* Check this Out! *Reading*
 The Earth Rising Quartet  (XGC)
Five-hundred years ago, Earth lost its rebellion. Now it's time for it to rise again...
#1837269 by Professor Q

*Down*Come Join In!*Down*
 The Dissolution of Alkonost   (GC)
A desert metropolis falls and magick fails in its seams. Who dares rise to save it?
#1968212 by Professor Q

*ThumbsUp*Great Contest Alert!*ThumbsUp*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1897404 by Not Available.

Commissioned by my August SA and created by Pixie

"Make music. Break Boundaries. End Hate." Professor Q
MESSAGE THREAD
Inevitable failure, here I come. · 11-26-14 6:55am
by Roseille ♥
Re: Inevitable failure, here I come. · 11-26-14 7:50am
by Brandiwyn🎶
Re: Re: Inevitable failure, here I come. · 11-26-14 8:10pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: Inevitable failure, here I come. · 11-26-14 5:40pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Inevitable failure, here I come. · 11-26-14 8:18pm
by Roseille ♥
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Inevitable failure, here I come. · 11-26-14 8:37pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Re: Inevitable failure, here I come. · 11-28-14 3:29am
by Roseille ♥
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Inevitable failure, here I come. · 11-28-14 7:21pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Inevitable failure, here I come. · 11-29-14 9:05am
by Roseille ♥

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2764701