*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3139004
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2017 at 11:08pm
Edited: October 14, 2017 at 11:09pm
Re: Re: Re: My favorite assignment!
It really is important and it's amazing what happens when you get to think more about the antagonist. I look forward to this assignment every time I prep. I think the author needs to love their antagonist just as much as they love their protagonist, but so many of us get too caught up in our hero. Having to create a story where the antagonist is the sympathetic character helps us fall a little in love with them.

And, of course, we all know what happens when we authors fall in love with our characters. We break them. *Devilish*

The difference most of the time is, nobody puts the antagonist back together again.

*Books3**Books6* Sarah Rae *Books4**Books1*

Rate Yourself!  [E]
How would you rate yourself as an author based on the Writing.Com system?
by Sarah Rae

Merit Badge in WDC Addicts Anonymous
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for your help in both designing and fundraising for the new merit badge for  [Link To Item #prep] .  Your support and encouragement proves that you are a true WDC addict!  *^*Delight*^* Merit Badge in Writing.Com  1st Anniversary
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your  1st  Writing.Com Account Anniversary! Merit Badge in Visit WdC 7
[Click For More Info]

Awarded for  visiting the site every day for a week . This badge can be earned over and over again.  Each of these badges adds one (1) Community Recognition!
MESSAGE THREAD
My favorite assignment! · 10-14-17 1:30pm
by Sarah Rae
Re: My favorite assignment! · 10-14-17 9:33pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: My favorite assignment! · 10-14-17 11:02pm
by MontyB
*Star* Re: Re: Re: My favorite assignment! · 10-14-17 11:08pm
by Sarah Rae
Re: Re: Re: My favorite assignment! · 10-15-17 8:07am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: My favorite assignment! · 10-15-17 12:41am
by Anders J. Miller

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3139004