*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3238609
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #1403831
For newbies seeking mentors and writers needing support via their peers; stop by today!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 30, 2018 at 9:07pm
Re: Since we have had a call to arms. Here is what I do...
Hi there. Good idea. I wonder if there is a way to do a quarterly set of posts where people can put what they are looking for, the type of writing they do and their availability so everyone who looks during that set time could see if anyone is a right match for them.

Many years ago, back before I even was a moderator, we did a buddy system and even had a contest where the two had to take turns writing part of a combined story. It was fun. The only thing we ever wrote together but I still chat with my angel buddy even today. I've also met her in person since we now both live in/near LA.

I'd offer to help more myself but tend to be short on time as well. Live in LA and by that I mean, I live in the valley and have to commute every day for work, which is a fun way to spend between just under 40 minutes to about 1.5 hours depending on the time and day. Currently work in retail pharmacy. Have been with the company for just over 6 years but in pharmacy as a tech for less than 2. Usually with retail there wouldn't be an issue of working all of the time as the company tends to be against paying extra but I've spent the last month working 6 days a week, OT every week. It might slow down but hard to say since I also get messages from other stores asking if I'm available to pick up shifts. Add gym time, writing, contest management, newsletters, cats and sleep to the mix can make it a tad hard to keep up with everything at times, including things like laundry.

After the ramble, in the spirit of things here is what I write and have to offer:

I tend more towards novels and long series with a focus on speculative fiction and young adult but can range up into adult content as I do run the romance/erotica contest here on the site called Weekly Quickie. I mostly write stories that include gay male romances. Have some editing experience but reviews take me a long time to create. I also am not one to write together as I have enough of my own novels in progress and it's very difficult to find the right person who will develop the characters/story in a cohesive way. But encouragement, bounce ideas back and forth, and that sort of thing, as long as slowish responses are okay then I could perhaps be of service.
MESSAGE THREAD
Since we have had a call to arms. Here is what I do... · 12-28-18 3:45pm
by Mastiff
Re: Since we have had a call to arms. Here is what I do... · 12-28-18 4:13pm
by StephBee - House Targaryen
Re: Re: Since we have had a call to arms. Here is what I... · 12-28-18 4:39pm
by Mastiff
*Star* Re: Since we have had a call to arms. Here is what I do... · 12-30-18 9:07pm
by Dawn Embers
Re: Re: Since we have had a call to arms. Here is what I... · 01-01-19 4:13pm
by Mastiff
Re: Re: Re: Since we have had a call to arms. Here is wh... · 01-01-19 6:30pm
by iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen
Re: Re: Re: Re: Since we have had a call to arms. Here i... · 01-01-19 6:34pm
by Mastiff
Re: Re: Re: Since we have had a call to arms. Here is wh... · 01-01-19 7:08pm
by Dawn Embers

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3238609