*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3243446
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 19, 2019 at 4:41pm
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character
by bori258
Main Characters

Favorite - Chelsea Cooper*

*More so when she's working in tandem with Will. I absolutely love the story lines where Will and Chelsea have to team up, forcing both of them to use the masks. It gets especially interesting for me when both of them are thrown well outside their comfort zones (i.e. the Will as Danielle and Chelsea as Fairfax chapters or the Will as Yumi and Chelsea as Gary Chen chapters). Will and Chelsea make such a great duo because on the outside they are polar opposites but, in most instances, seem to find that once the pretense of who they are is stripped away they make a great pair.

Honorable Mention - Steve Patterson

For all the reasons I mentioned earlier about why I like Chelsea, I like Steve because he's the exact opposite. When everything gets stripped away from Chelsea, she usually reveals herself to be a decent human being. When everything gets stripped away from Steve, he's still an asshole and part of me knows that if I had the power to become whomever I want I'd be that way too. Steve is a great villain. Plus, a lot of Steve's chapters where he's actively using the masks involve backstabbing his friends, using the masks just for the sake of getting laid, and generally tormenting his lackeys.

Obscure Characters

Favorite - Phillip Fairfax*

*More so in the chapters when he's impersonating Maria Vasquez. I really love when characters impersonate other characters vastly different from their "normal" selves. The thought of Fairfax (the straight laced, nerdy, ginger) having to impersonate Maria (the seemingly airheaded, gorgeous, Hispanic cheerleader) really makes a great juxtaposition. I especially love the scenes where Fairfax, masked as Maria, goes from speaking and acting like his normal self to pulling the Maria disguise over him and acting like her (like when him and Will meet for lunch and plan on how they're going to lure a football player into the Fuck Room).

Honorable Mention - Paulina the sophomore and Gracie McGraw/Sophia Wilson

Initially I didn't like her all that much but in one of the recent story lines (where Will saves Evie and becomes Cindy while Caleb becomes Seth) she really grew on me. She comes across as smart and mature, making her a great candidate for initially resisting the use of the masks but once she gets sucked in, taking full advantage of them.

One of my favorite story lines in the entire BoM is the "Casting the Coven" one. I prefer F2F over M2F so a story line involving two dumpy, unappealing girls impersonating two of the most powerful and attractive girls at Westside is quite appealing. Out of the two, I like the character of Gracie much better. I liked how she was basically Will's main sidekick in that story line, playing the part of Gloria very dutifully, until Will no longer needed her. The scene where she asks Will, as Cindy, if he'd like to get one last look at her before she's out of the mask and Will just brushes her off; making her realize that it was Gloria's face and body keeping her in "Cindy's" good graces. Now that she's decided to give that up, she's out of the loop.

Bonus

Least Favorite Character - Joe and Frank Durras

There is literally only one story line involving them I like and it's no where near the top of my favorites. I don't know...whenever these two show up I kinda tune out of the story. Maybe it's because they're usually inserted into the story to stop the characters from using the masks and a huge part of my enjoyment is derived from the shenanigans Will & Co get into using the masks. If I've read my last chapter revolving around Frank and Joe and all the rest of the Stellae, I wouldn't be disappointed (sorry Seuzz).

Character I'd Most Like To See Involved In A New/Current Story Line - Anita Nuevo

It seems like there are a bunch of story lines dealing with the girl's soccer team and only once has the captain of the girl's team been impersonated (if memory serves me correctly, I believe rugal wrote the lone chapter). Personally, I'd love to see Anita more involved in one way or another at some point in the story. Much the same way Chelsea has used Will and the masks to help her replace key individuals on the cheerleading squad, I'd love to see Stephanie Wyatt (another one of my favorite characters) do much the same on the girls, and perhaps the boys, soccer teams. She and Will, under Stephanie's assertion that there is too much outside noise distracting the team, could use the masks to replace certain strategic individuals to get the team focused. And where better to start than with the captain herself? Of course I'm sure Stephanie wouldn't mind starting with Hannah...

So there's my list. In all honesty, I could make a solid case for 5+ choices in each category I mentioned (except for Least Favorite Character). This story really is the best written piece of transformation related fiction on the internet and I hope it keeps going on for a long, long time.
MESSAGE THREAD
QotW #1: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-17-19 5:15pm
by Seuzz
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-17-19 8:18pm
by rugal b.
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-18-19 1:30am
by Achillesredux
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-18-19 2:11am
by Wordsmitty ✍️
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-18-19 3:16am
by Tal
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-19-19 2:34am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-19-19 1:00pm
by araki
*Star* Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-19-19 4:41pm
by bori258
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-19-19 9:57pm
by TheSkyMarshall
Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-20-19 11:19am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-20-19 11:34am
by Kenny
Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-20-19 11:31pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 1:37am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 8:25am
by Kenny
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 1:38pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 2:07pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 10:55pm
by bori258
Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-22-19 9:52am
by Kenny
Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-23-19 12:00pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-23-19 1:40pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-23-19 2:48pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-24-19 1:23am
by Wordsmitty ✍️
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-25-19 5:38pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-20-19 9:58pm
by bori258
Re: QotW #1: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-20-19 6:24pm
by That One Guy
Re: QotW #1: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 3:15pm
by imaj
Re: Re: QotW #1: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 3:40pm
by Tal

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3243446