*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3243981
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 21, 2019 at 10:55pm
Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character
by bori258
But, for me at least, they must also have personalities that suggest desires. And by now Lisa has for me hardened into quiet, complacent air head. Throw her into trouble, and I think she'd just sit down and cry.

Perhaps Lisa was this "quiet, complacent air head" all along. Maybe she's always been the type who'd "sit down and cry" when thrown into the fray. This would go a long way to explaining why she dated Will in the first place, he's low hanging fruit. She was probably bored during the summer and used Will as a distraction to pass the time. However, once a stronger, more mature guy (one who she could use to hide her own inadequacies) she dumped Will and upgraded. Maybe in addition to all those things you mentioned, Lisa is also an opportunist and slightly devious.

Now what would happen if all three of them were thrown into a situation where they had to use the masks to get away with something? In a situation like that, I could see Mansfield projecting bravado in order to make himself appear to be the top dog of the group but Will is the most skilled when it comes to using the masks. I could see all of them put into a situation where Will's quick thinking and leadership (much like he does in the story lines involving Chelsea) make it apparent he's the alpha of the group. Perhaps Lisa, being the opportunist I'm making her out to be, picks up on that and starts becoming attracted to Will instead of Geoff (who's proved himself to be quite inept when it comes to the mask shenanigans).

So how does this provide any kind of drama? Well, in my head at least, there has to be a fourth person in the group. I think the best person to add would be a potential love interest of Will's either on the same social level or lower and in this case I'll use Cassie Harper. Cassie obviously has a huge crush on Will but for the most part he's oblivious to it. Because he's oblivious, Cassie is in his friendzone and he feels comfortable confiding in her about how much he misses Lisa, how he can't understand why she's with Geoff, etc. At some point Cassie expresses her feelings to Will and they hook up, preferably while disguised. At some point after this, Lisa, having seen how well Will has handled himself, begins to try and win back his attention.

I know it's rough but I just came up with that off the top of my head. I could see three distinct areas of conflict facing Will in this type of situation:

1) The reason all of them are using the masks in the first place (duh)
2) Will now having to choose between the girl who really likes him or the girl he thinks he really likes
3) Mansfield trying to back stab/undermine him because he senses Lisa has lost interest in him (and what better way to double cross someone than to use magical masks?)
MESSAGE THREAD
QotW #1: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-17-19 5:15pm
by Seuzz
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-17-19 8:18pm
by rugal b.
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-18-19 1:30am
by Achillesredux
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-18-19 2:11am
by Wordsmitty ✍️
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-18-19 3:16am
by Tal
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-19-19 2:34am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-19-19 1:00pm
by araki
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-19-19 4:41pm
by bori258
Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-19-19 9:57pm
by TheSkyMarshall
Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-20-19 11:19am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-20-19 11:34am
by Kenny
Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-20-19 11:31pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 1:37am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 8:25am
by Kenny
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 1:38pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 2:07pm
by Seuzz
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 10:55pm
by bori258
Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-22-19 9:52am
by Kenny
Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-23-19 12:00pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-23-19 1:40pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-23-19 2:48pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-24-19 1:23am
by Wordsmitty ✍️
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-25-19 5:38pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-20-19 9:58pm
by bori258
Re: QotW #1: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-20-19 6:24pm
by That One Guy
Re: QotW #1: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 3:15pm
by imaj
Re: Re: QotW #1: Favorite BoM/TWS Character · 01-21-19 3:40pm
by Tal

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3243981