*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3247378
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Message Forum · Other · #2016379
Discuss all things relating to writing and genre.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 5, 2019 at 3:00am
Re: Re: Re: Any good examples of great character driven s...
by Zen
Disagreement is a sign of independent thought *BigSmile*

You could also try Creation Machine by Andrew Bannister. This is a hugely entertaining novel, and you'll love both the protagonists and the antagonists. I waxed lyrical about this on my website because of the extremely lucid imagination, vibrant characters and the range of humour (from satirical, irreverent and cartoonish to something that's deliciously dark, morbid and often macabre).

I didn't mention it before, because there is a lot of world-building - after all, Bannister creates an entire, artificial galaxy - but the characters are all people you will invest in and root for - even the antagonist (in fact, especially the antagonist).

I should also point out, for the record (having recommended his book), that since writing a review of Creation Machine, Bannister and I have become friends (well, more like casual acquaintances).
MESSAGE THREAD
Any good examples of great character driven sci-fi novels? · 01-25-19 10:53am
by JulianBenabides
Re: Any good examples of great character driven sci-fi no... · 01-30-19 2:27am
by Tobber
Re: Any good examples of great character driven sci-fi no... · 02-01-19 4:52am
by Zen
Re: Re: Any good examples of great character driven sci-f... · 02-04-19 2:51pm
by Tobber
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Any good examples of great character driven s... · 02-05-19 3:00am
by Zen

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, David the Dark one!.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3247378