*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3247644
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 6, 2019 at 12:29am
Re: Re: Re: QotW #3: The New You
For me I'm definitely an introvert as well which is why I think, with a mask that could allow me to combine features to make a new person, I'd take the risk; it'd be an opportunity for me to go outside of my comfort zone. I'd say it'd be a nice chance to start fresh so I'd take the chance to go as opposite as possible. Realisticaly it'd be as a guy then but that's a bit dull so hey, magic mask, why not?

I don't think I was ever some great athlete but I did play a lot of basketball up through high school and I wasn't a particularly bad player, just never serious enough about it (and likely nerves too) to try out for any of the school teams.

When I was still in high school (even now to an extent) I had... not quite the confidence but enough of an easygoing demeanor that I didn't find it hard to get along with people outside of my general social group which would've been the comic book/video game/anime nerds even if I've never been the most talkative person. But I would hang around at times with the skaters and such and I remember one of my classes senior year I had a pretty odd group I hung around with which included a metalhead, a kind of preppy guy and a football player. Social hierarchies and cliques were always a lot more fluid than a lot of fiction portrays and so that's always something I try to keep in mind writing things and thus would apply it to this too.

So then that goes back to my choices. I'd take the chance on being a girl and thinking about it a little more I'll change my choices up a bit. So let's assume I'd be a senior at Westside.

That said, Stephanie Wyatt would still be the base I'd work from. Solid, tough, athletic, tomboyish.

After that I'd go with Elisabeth Pruitt from Eastman's swim team. If I'm going to be at Westside then I'd want to throw in an Eastman face to mix it up a bit out of a paranoid worry that someone might look and somehow be able to recognize it if it was three prominent students who went to the same school. That also keeps the athletic build but maybe slims it out a little, changes the make up.

The third would be an oddball choice: Kennedy Palmer from the orchestra. A junior and a non-athlete might even things out a bit helping the identity retain a look that's athletic without necessary screaming "put them on a team right now". The other features (face, hair, etc.) would likely match up well too.

As for where I'd go with, well that doesn't change much. I'd probably try to stick with Catherine's group. Popular enough to provide a different experience but without, seemingly, the pressure that would come from trying to run with the cheerleaders or AP group or what have you or the chaos of the basketball team. I could probably see myself falling in with the James/Carson/Jenny/etc. group too so existing in a weird "walk between worlds" sort of state where one doesn't quite take away from the other.

I'd probably avoid joining teams though I could probably hack it on the basketball team so long as I'm largely a benchwarmer who comes in to hit shots or something that wouldn't require quite as much freakish athleticism and knowledge.
MESSAGE THREAD
QotW #3: The New You · 02-05-19 10:13am
by Seuzz
Re: QotW #3: The New You · 02-05-19 1:55pm
by rugal b.
Re: QotW #3: The New You · 02-05-19 5:10pm
by araki
Re: Re: QotW #3: The New You · 02-05-19 6:52pm
by Seuzz
*Star* Re: Re: Re: QotW #3: The New You · 02-06-19 12:29am
by rugal b.
Re: QotW #3: The New You · 02-05-19 10:05pm
by TheSkyMarshall
Re: QotW #3: The New You · 02-05-19 11:36pm
by Tal
Re: Re: QotW #3: The New You · 02-06-19 12:29am
by Seuzz
Re: QotW #3: The New You · 02-06-19 11:25am
by imaj
Re: QotW #3: The New You · 02-15-19 2:27pm
by bori258

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3247644