*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3248941
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 11, 2019 at 2:28pm
Re: QotW #4: Third-Person Body Swap
by Seuzz
As a storyteller there are a lot of body-switches I'd like to try out in BoM. The challenge would be finding a plot line and a pair of victims where the fun could be witnessed by Will. It would have to be a situation where he couldn't solve the problem, but he could talk to both victims privately (where they could be their real selves) while also watching them in a public setting as they tried to be each other. That's very difficult to arrange.

Waving aside that challenge, though, I think personally I'd have the most fun watching Frank and Joe try to be convincing as each other at Eastman High -- and watching them parody each other privately.

From a God-like perspective ... teaching characters lessons ... again, lots of interesting possibilities, but I think I'd force a Seth Javits/Carson Ioeger swap. These guys have a mutual bullying feud going (brawn vs. brain) and I think it would be educational for them to get pitched into each other's bodies and struggle to "be" each other without any kind of crutch, and maybe cooperate to find a way back.

A TG swap? A Philip Fairfax/Maria Vasquez swap would be interesting, because I'm not sure anyone would actually notice (save for Maria suddenly being bad at gymnastics). Maria is actually quite brainy, and Philip already introverted. Otherwise, just about any TG swap could be comedy gold.
MESSAGE THREAD
QotW #4: Third-Person Body Swap · 02-11-19 2:28pm
by Seuzz
*Star* Re: QotW #4: Third-Person Body Swap · 02-11-19 2:28pm
by Seuzz
Re: QotW #4: Third-Person Body Swap · 02-11-19 4:09pm
by araki
Re: QotW #4: Third-Person Body Swap · 02-11-19 6:48pm
by rugal b.
Re: QotW #4: Third-Person Body Swap · 02-12-19 5:46am
by TheSkyMarshall
Re: QotW #4: Third-Person Body Swap · 02-15-19 2:56pm
by bori258

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3248941