*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3254111
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 4, 2019 at 11:04am
Re: QotW #7: New Kid in School
by Seuzz
This is the first QotW where the choices are so free that you really can do almost anything.

School: I'd be tempted to enter Westside, just to see if I could build an ID that would let me make it my bitch, but I'd probably chicken out and opt for Eastman. I would want a high school, though, as a do-over.

In truth, I would probably enter as a guy, even if a mind-band gave me total access to feminine knowledge and instincts, just because I'm naturally more comfortable with guys. There seems to be a lot less drama with them.

Mind-band: Joe Durras. This comes real close to cheating, but it's only knowledge and personality and instincts, not magical powers, so I don't think it's too overpowered. I'd get a personality and background that could lean in any direction—academics, athletics, partying, music. I'd have maximal flexibility to look around and find groups that suit me, and I'd probably use it to hang out with almost any group that would want to hang out with me instead of homing in on a specific one.

Mask: With Joe's all-purpose mind I wouldn't need a specific body type, so I'd go for strength, stamina and looks: Joe's own body melded with Gordon Black's and Marc Garner's.

If I did take a gamble on a female persona, I'd arm myself as best I could against bullshit, and that means ...

Mind: Stephanie Wyatt. She's not academic smart, but I could correct for that, and her no-nonsense persona would help me deal with bullshit from girls or guys. And to complement her natural athletic skill ...

Body: Stephanie Wyatt's own body melded with Catherine Muskov's and Anita Nuevo's.

I probably wouldn't try out for a sports team—too great a chance for drama—but I'd probably hang out with the athletic girls anyway.
MESSAGE THREAD
QotW #7: New Kid in School · 03-04-19 11:02am
by Seuzz
*Star* Re: QotW #7: New Kid in School · 03-04-19 11:04am
by Seuzz
Re: QotW #7: New Kid in School · 03-04-19 4:54pm
by imaj
Re: QotW #7: New Kid in School · 03-04-19 8:03pm
by rugal b.
Re: QotW #7: New Kid in School · 03-05-19 10:17am
by araki
Re: Re: QotW #7: New Kid in School · 03-07-19 8:23pm
by That One Guy
Re: QotW #7: New Kid in School · 03-07-19 1:36pm
by bori258

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3254111