*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3273860
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(670)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 2, 2019 at 8:18am
Re: I'm blown away by how welcoming this community is
by ~Minja~
Welcome to WdC J.B. Ezar *Smile*. New members are the most targeted group of people when it comes about reviewing. There are a lot of reviewing groups, activities, and pages that encourage reviewing and getting to know newbies. In the left navigational menu, when you click to community-->read a newbie, you will see pages and pages of newbies' writing. Below are a couple of more activities which encourage getting to know new members so feel free to check them out when you find some free time.

"Newbie Welcome Wagon - for 15 reviews within the month you get a MB. Of course, only reviews for newbies counts
"Invalid Item - this is the entire group dedicated to the newbies and one of my favorite places to hang around when I just joined the site back in 2013.
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group - one of the most popular reviewing groups on WdC
"Invalid Item - check out these grammarly courses, run by senior members of this site
"The WDC Angel Army - a group dedicated to spreading positivity around the site. There are a lot of different activities in which members of this group can participate and communicate with each other
"The Rising Stars Tour Bus - 8 months long writing program through mentoring and sponsoring

And, since you mentioned you've classified yourself as a writer of sci-fi, here's a group dedicated to sci-fi writers "Fantasy and Science Fiction Society.

Well, I hope I gave you enough of the material to keep you involved around. I'm sure some (if not all of these) will be helpful to you, whether to your writing or just finding the right group of people for future plans and achievements.

~Minja

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

*Flowery* Spruce your portfolio with images from "Invalid Item *Flowery*

Helpful links for newbies
*Quill* "Writing.Com 101 *Quill*
*Quill* "Invalid Item *Quill*
*Quill* "Writing.Com Helpful Hints *Quill*
*Quill* "Get Started With Your Account *Quill*
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
I'm blown away by how welcoming this community is · 05-24-19 4:17am
by J.B. Ezar
*Star* Re: I'm blown away by how welcoming this community is · 06-02-19 8:18am
by ~Minja~
Re: Re: I'm blown away by how welcoming this community is · 06-10-19 8:32pm
by Whata SpoonStealer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3273860