*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3297361
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 1, 2019 at 4:59pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do I need an idea for NaN...
I don't mean to change your direction if you already have one.
Pfft, I don't really have one yet, so you're all good.

If you take these two characters who will become your main?
I think the customer has to be the main, because he's the one who needs to grow and change the most. The tattoo artist is already fairly self-confident and accepting of who he is.

In your main character what needs to change? What part of them has to change for them to be a better/different person?
He's ashamed of his own identity. He's afraid to be himself. He doesn't like who he is.

What kind of outcome do you want for your story? Do you want something with a happy ending or maybe something tragic but cathartic for the reader?
Definitely a happy ending. I don't do any other kind of endings! *Laugh*

What do you want the reader to take away? Is your story a light/bubblegum story or is it a gut wrenching one?
I don't know the answer to that question. *shrugs*

Who or what is your antagonist? Are they people from the outside? Is it self-doubt? Maybe you have characters from their past coming back to haunt them.
This is what I was playing with in my 'what if' questions. I definitely think it's self-doubt and self-loathing though, so maybe I've just answered your question?

Also, don't go for the obvious. When you ask a question try and go with your second answer for it.
In that case, ignore all my answers above. *Laugh* I don't really know these characters well yet, so hopefully more will surface as I move through the assignments and that'll help me come up with some more unique answers for you. Well, and for me. *Wink*

** Animated Images For Use By Premium+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Why do I need an idea for NaNoWriMo Prep? · 09-26-19 8:25pm
by Jedi Moose
Re: Why do I need an idea for NaNoWriMo Prep? · 09-30-19 4:50pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Re: Why do I need an idea for NaNoWriMo Prep? · 09-30-19 5:34pm
by Roseille ā™„
Re: Re: Re: Why do I need an idea for NaNoWriMo Prep? · 09-30-19 6:12pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do I need an idea for NaNoWriMo Prep? · 09-30-19 6:33pm
by Roseille ā™„
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do I need an idea for NaNoWriMo P... · 09-30-19 6:35pm
by Elle - on hiatus
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do I need an idea for NaNoWri... · 10-01-19 8:12am
by Jedi Moose
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do I need an idea for NaN... · 10-01-19 4:59pm
by Elle - on hiatus

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3297361