Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3321995
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1742964
Contests With A Christian Theme
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 2, 2020 at 2:07am
Edited: February 15, 2020 at 10:47pm
NOW OPEN ...FEBRUARY PROMPT...
Here it is Peeps your February prompt. I am so excited about it.

Free Verse

"FEBRUARY PROMPT"

I love them that love me; those that seek me early shall find me. Proverbs 8:17

“CAPTURE ME”

One of the biggest spiritual challenges we are faced with is the cold, hard reality that our hearts are prone to wander from God. Despite the fact that we have found life, peace, purpose, and joy in Christ, we can easily get lost in the lesser things of life. Our souls frequently become consumed with thoughts of success or wealth or notoriety or feelings of fear, worry, and anxiety. Left unchecked, these thoughts and feelings will consume our souls like spiritual cancer. Even seemingly good things in our life become idols when the priority we place upon them overshadows our longing for Christ.

Today, let’s heed the warning of Jesus in Matthew. Let’s ask God to help us seek Him more than anything else this world has to offer. Let’s ask God to completely recapture our hearts. NOTE: This is not the prompt it is meant to be an inspirational devotion for you.

How will you ask God to recapture your heart? In 25 lines or less, how will you ask Him?

Please BOLD and HIGHLIGHT the verse {Proverbs 8:17} in GRAPE so it stands out for my eyes, the rest in BLACK... LOL, It is much easier for me. Thank you *Heart*

Please NO more than 25 lines and make sure you read all the RULES, SORRY to repeat but sometimes you just have to. I just don't want you to disqualify yourself. Please, add the prompt and line count to the BOTTOM of your piece.

[Refresh to load countdown.]

May you be blessed always,

Mirror image of my Indian heritage.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
NOW OPEN ...FEBRUARY PROMPT... · 02-02-20 2:07am
by LegendaryMask❤️

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, LegendaryMask❤️.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3321995