*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3375818
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 7, 2020 at 11:00pm
Re: Day 7 Discussion: Week 1
Weird and very cool. I've had to adjust a little because I had a few chapters of this written. Working the "Plot: Beginning" day, though, had me cutting a lot of it (that really needed cutting), which doesn't sound like focusing on the normal life and the inciting incident, but it was focusing on those things that helped me cut. What I'm saying is that I'm doing a lot more work than just he exercises and I wasn't at all expecting that! I welcome it, though.

That's not the trend for Days 7&8, though. *Laugh* I've been worried about these since I first peeked at the calendar. They made me want to whine, "How am I supposed to know the climax of my own book?"

I finally stopped mentally whining and just sat down and started writing "What If" questions just like the day says to do, and soon I was off in so many crazy directions I'm not sure where they all came from. But it led naturally into the 8th's "Rising Action" exercise--in that I couldn't stop myself from vomit-braining that all over the place.

My files are a mess, an absolute horror story mess, and I am so very, very glad we're not required to share our work. *Laugh* I'm also glad for contest rounds getting me to write something that others might find coherent now and then. (Well, hopefully it's coherent to others.)

I'm going on for too long when all I really wanted to say was that Week 1 has exceeded my expectations and made me even more excited about this story. Now I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope I haven't jinxed myself by going on about how great Week One was.

Chy
MESSAGE THREAD
Day 7 Discussion: Week 1 · 10-07-20 3:53pm
by Shaye
Re: Day 7 Discussion: Week 1 · 10-07-20 4:01pm
by Showering Dutchessbarbie.
Re: Day 7 Discussion: Week 1 · 10-07-20 10:35pm
by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham
*Star* Re: Day 7 Discussion: Week 1 · 10-07-20 11:00pm
by Satuawany
Re: Re: Day 7 Discussion: Week 1 · 10-08-20 4:54am
by Shaye
Re: Re: Re: Day 7 Discussion: Week 1 · 10-08-20 10:16am
Re: Re: Day 7 Discussion: Week 1 · 10-08-20 7:13am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: Day 7 Discussion: Week 1 · 10-08-20 10:18am
Re: Re: Re: Day 7 Discussion: Week 1 · 10-08-20 7:13pm
by Satuawany

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3375818