*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3411018
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 27, 2021 at 4:04am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables
*Dollar* 1,000 GPs were sent to GERVIC 🐉 House Targaryen with this post.
Thank you for such a detailed instruction, it’s a real asset for many people on this site.

Unfortunately, this isn’t exactly what I was looking for. You see, I was hoping to be able to make an editable table any group member could alter, with an ability to include links to WdC users and WdC items, with, perhaps, WdC emoticons (checks and crosses and such), and an iframe wouldn’t be an option.

The need for such a table comes from a specific use case. We have a reviewing group with weekly status updates (which can be done by any member), and we’re tracking different metrics. At the moment, there are repeated blocks of data for each metric, which does not give a good overview of the situation. I once tried to make a pseudo table with monospaced font and preformatted text, but with an unpredictable length of user handles and item names, counting and adjusting spaces to maintain tabulation is a nightmare. As you can imagine, going off-site to track such things might eventually eliminate the need to come back.

I’m well aware this is such a niche need and not worth the effort of implementation, but I had to try.
MESSAGE THREAD
WritingML for tables · 03-26-21 11:49am
by J.B. Ezar
Re: WritingML for tables · 03-26-21 1:21pm
by GERVIC 🐉 House Targaryen
Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-26-21 1:24pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-26-21 1:35pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-27-21 12:15am
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-27-21 4:04am
by J.B. Ezar
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-27-21 4:27am
Re: Re: Re: WritingML for tables · 03-27-21 4:03am
by J.B. Ezar

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3411018