*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3454852
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 4, 2021 at 1:59pm
Re: Re: I'm Breaking the Rules!
Think reversal. If you reverse everything it will work. If you want to start in reverse and then change it to the expected norm this also can work provided you show the reader the appropriate changes and answer the why questions. Or, you can start as expected and change things into reverse.

Another option can be to write the story as usual and reverse only some things, but they need to be believable and make sense to the reader, or if it doesn't at least for a very short time (before the reader puts down the book and discontinues reading forever) you can have a great surprise for the reader to enjoy. What Usually do is allow the story and characters to go as far and where ever and after all is done, fix what needs to be fixed add what needs adding, and redo whatever needs to be done. Sometimes When it is possible in a story to have a mystery or something to give the reader one idea, I then work the story so that actually it is something/someone else. I believe you can do anything as long as you have it believable, make sense, do not get lost in some never, never make sense, and allow the reader to have enough information to be able to follow the path you, the writer, are traveling. Another possibility is to mix and match genres so that the story is full of real-life-like scenes, characters, and worlds. Anything is possible as long as you think it through and present it to keep the reader interested and wanting to know what happens next.

One thing I do is play around with possibilities in my head or on a written format if need be so I don't loose the ideas, and take from this what will work on any given project I am working on. Doing this brings forth much treasure that can be used in whatever and whenever projects.

The sky's the limit or is it? Go forth as far as you can in whatever manner or conveyence you have in your imagination and explore the possibilities or the impossibilities.

Safe travels and many blessings.

Viv (dogpack) & Bella (service dog)
https://www.youngliving.com/vo/#/signup/new-start?sponsorid=18522449&enrollerid=...
"disABILITY WRITERS GROUPEveryone is welcome to join our family.
"ONE SIZE FITS ALL RAFFLE iS OPeN Give a no hassle gift for any occasion.
"disABILITY WRITERS MOUNTAIN LOG CABIN Join our gab cabin activities.
MESSAGE THREAD
I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 12:27am
by Elycia Lee ā˜®
Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 12:51am
by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham
Re: Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 1:48am
by Elycia Lee ā˜®
Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 1:55am
by Chrys O'Shea
Re: Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 1:57am
by Elycia Lee ā˜®
Re: Re: Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 2:06am
by Chrys O'Shea
Re: Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 8:42am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 3:15pm
by Chrys O'Shea
Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 2:57am
by Showering Dutchessbarbie.
Re: Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 8:47am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 6:41am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 9:07am
by Anders J. Miller
*Star* Re: Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 1:59pm
by dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG
Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 2:11pm
by NeedingBeachDuf šŸ ā›µšŸļø
Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 2:38pm
by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham
Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-04-21 11:01pm
by šŸ’™ Carly
Re: Re: I'm Breaking the Rules! · 10-05-21 6:50am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3454852