*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3489126
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · LGBTQ+ · #2265628
This is the center for news and entertainment from LGBTQ+ contributors on Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 21, 2022 at 12:35pm
Recruit! Recruit! Recruit!
Hey y'all-

Does anyone remember Pride marches in the 90s (or even 80s) when we chanted "Ten percent is not enough, recruit! Recruit! Recruit!"?
(For anyone unfamiliar, this was a fun chant sung with lots of laughter, because we had so often been accused to trying to "turn" people gay, we had to have fun with it.)

I'm wondering now why (and how) only six people are members of the Readerie and two of those are Allies (this is great-don't get me wrong!) But is there a way to encourage others flying rainbow colors to come visit the Readerie with the possibility of introducing themselves or sharing some of their work?

I know we can't go picking through the genre and inviting anyone who has written in it - we're all aware that there are writers who contribute LGBTQ+ craft who don't necessarily identify as queer. But for those that do, and even to gain more Allies, how do we get more of them involved in the Readerie - which is really me asking:

How do we pull our community together on WdC?

Should we wait until June for Pride to make more noise?

Regarding Pride, I looked at the "2022 International Gay Pride Events Calendar"   and there are events happening already around the world. Right now, Christchurch, New Zealand is celebrating Pride (March 11-27); Tampa, FL is March 26; and others will be happening through April and May and on.

Elle - on hiatus , I don't know where you are exactly, but can you tell us anything about Pride in NZ?

I apologize for getting off-track, and for my old Doc Martin's stomping on Rhymer Reisen 's dancin shoes. I think we could use some brainstorming about what we're doing for Pride and what our goal is with that. Ideas? Comments? help?

Cheers!
BA

buddhangela *Sheep*
Writing.Com Signature Image for Upgraded Registered Authors!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Recruit! Recruit! Recruit! · 03-21-22 12:35pm
by buddhangela's Psychotic Break
Re: Recruit! Recruit! Recruit! · 03-21-22 1:15pm
by KÃ¥re Enga in Udon Thani
Re: Re: Recruit! Recruit! Recruit! · 03-21-22 2:50pm
by Rhymer Reisen
Re: Re: Re: Recruit! Recruit! Recruit! · 03-21-22 5:38pm
by KÃ¥re Enga in Udon Thani

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rhymer Reisen.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3489126