*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3492746
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Fanfiction · #1710273
A Forum for authors and members who love Jane Austen.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 7, 2022 at 12:46am
Re: Jane Austen Newsletter April 2022
*Dollar* 10,000 GPs were sent to Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox with this post.
Hello, there, Jane Austeners...

Today, I read news about the Duchess of Cornwall, wife to Prince Charles, who visited the house of Jane Austen. As you probably already know, in 2020 an appeal was launched to restore the roof of the house where Jane and her familiy lived. Apparently, the roof tiles have slipped due to dampness affecting the roof. As consequence, the Hampshire Country Council and Culture Recovery Fund have contributed funds to go ahead and do the repairs; which is why the Duchess of Cornwall, a fan of Jane Austen and her works, visited the house.

Apparently, Jane lived in the house with her family; and that in 1816 she got ill with Addison's disease, and received treatment at Winchester. However, on July 18, 1817, she died nevertheless from the illness. In 1811, she published "Sense and Sensibility"; after which she published her "own darling child", "Pride and Prejudice"; followed by "Mansfield Park", which she published in 1814; then in 1816 she published "Emma", which she dedicated to the prince regent at the time, who apparently was a fan of Jane as well; and just to add something more; her own brother helped her publish her works.

Although I lived in England for sometime, I just did not have the time to visit Jane's Hampshire house because I also lived in Hampshire!!!! and I regretted it very much for missing it at all...
MESSAGE THREAD
Jane Austen Newsletter April 2022 · 03-25-22 3:55pm
by Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox
*Star* Re: Jane Austen Newsletter April 2022 · 04-07-22 12:46am
by elephantsealer
Re: Re: Jane Austen Newsletter April 2022 · 04-08-22 6:35pm
by Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox
Re: Re: Re: Jane Austen Newsletter April 2022 · 05-27-22 2:40am
by elephantsealer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3492746