*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3526833
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 13, 2022 at 6:33pm
Re: Description & Backstory of Antagonist
*Dollar* 2,000 GPs were sent to GaelicQueen with this post.
As I read the assignments, I don't see that they should be the same. Lesson #14 is a profile of the antagonist. Or another character if the antagonist is a situation or problem. Lesson #15 is a contest round and should be a story of the antagonist.

Personally, I would make sure my entry for the 15th is the very best story I could write. You want to impress the judges. So write them a story about Neville Vandenberg and perhaps why he started his dirty dealings in Florida. Or how he came to relocate in Montana to become an inn-keeper.

I'm including some cheerleading pixie dust to encourage you in your journey! Good luck!
NJ

Copied from the calendar of assignments:
#14 "Draft a profile of the antagonist(s) you identified in the ""Premise"" assignment. If your antagonist is a situation rather than a person, choose another minor (but significant) character to profile.

#15"Write a story about your antagonist that takes place outside of your novel. The object of the contest is to make your judges understand and empathize with the antagonist's motivations.

{If your antagonist is a situation rather than a person, write a background story about that. The Tom Hanks movie ""Cast Away"" famously features only one character (unless you count Wilson), and his antagonist is loneliness. Could you personify loneliness? Why does loneliness exist? What motivates it? How would a lack of loneliness affect survival of the human race? How did it drive main character Nolan to survive for years alone on a deserted island? Loneliness has a job to do. Make us believe it's a valid one.}

cheerleader

CHEERING QUEEN

new signature 2021

Quill Nominee Signature 2022

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
MESSAGE THREAD
Description & Backstory of Antagonist · 10-13-22 3:46pm
by GaelicQueen
*Star* Re: Description & Backstory of Antagonist · 10-13-22 6:33pm
by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3526833