*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3536677
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 4, 2022 at 11:36pm
Re: Re: Commentary: "A Dopey Trade"
by Nostrum
I commented on it and I'll say it again - this branch is pretty similar to another that starts in a very similar way. Of course, that one doesn't have Will selling the book for a joint (it has Will placing the book on the capsule and then trying to get it back), but there's a lot of references that made me recall the "Cocoon doppleganger" branch (i.e., where the older people and teachers started swapping with the kids in school and Will ends up teaming with Frank and Joe to catch them). The big one in particular involves the oddity with Kendra's behavior, which is pretty much exactly like that branch (or another one - this one seems to get a lot from other branches in the story).

As for what's happening - it's pretty obvious that Will didn't get the mind band that goes with the mask, but I didn't see them getting the memories that fast. Prussian has a point, though - the problem here is how Melanie gets to be part of the scheme, if the book was sold to someone else. (Unless, and here's where I'm WMG, the book changed hands and Will's name got mentioned on the trade, so most likely the new people fear that Will might know too much.) A secondary problem might be how Jenny got involved in the trade, and if she's part of the whole scheme or not. (It seems that Jenny might actually be an unfortunate bystander, though.)
MESSAGE THREAD
Commentary: "A Dopey Trade" · 12-04-22 1:24pm
by Seuzz
Re: Commentary: "A Dopey Trade" · 12-04-22 4:11pm
by T.G.Almeida
Re: Commentary: "A Dopey Trade" · 12-04-22 4:17pm
by ThePrussian
*Star* Re: Re: Commentary: "A Dopey Trade" · 12-04-22 11:36pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Dopey Trade" · 12-05-22 4:44am
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Dopey Trade" · 12-05-22 6:42am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Dopey Trade" · 12-12-22 2:40pm
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3536677