*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3566319
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #2261482
Where all you have to do is read books to receive awesome prizes.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 10, 2023 at 4:00am
Re: Re: October--Horror
Honestly, I didn't find it scary, you know, when I'm not walking around at night outside in the dark. *Wink*

I was hoping the review was nice enough that Steven would be pleased. If he was, he didn't say so. *Think* But maybe he didn't like the review? Maybe he was going for more terror than I felt and he was sad that no only I didn't feel it, but I said so? *Think* Or maybe he just meant to comment and forgot. I don't know...

My next book is a compilation of short stories (anthology, I'm assuming--not sure what really is the requirement for something to be an "anthology," though) and he has one in that book as well. I'm going to say his was my favorite. Was it? Mostly, I can't recall most of them and I really focused on his because I knew him, so it's my favorite that I remember. *Laugh* It definitely was a good story. And I remember being annoyed with most of the stories because they seemed to not end with things wrapped up. Like a story about a man/monster coming out of the screen. A guy dies in the incident and the girl the man/monster was trying to kill escapes and goes to her dad's house to "work on a project" or whatever. *Irritated* I guess we can assume she eventually kills him, but does she? I was annoyed that nearly every story ended like that--done, but not over. *Pthb* Steven's story was actually FINISHED (as I recall) and I appreciated that!

Also, the stories don't seem to be in alphabetical order by author or title, if I recall, but they had 2 stories back to back with Carrie as a character. I was really confused because I thought I was just listening to a continuation of the last story, but no. *RollEyes* Seriously? Why did you put those 2 right next to each other?? Why not make the author rename their character? In one, Carrie really was an important part of the story...relatively speaking, I guess. But in the other, I didn't see any need for that name. Annoying! *Irritated*

Anyway, back to clearing email... *Bigsmile*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

MESSAGE THREAD
October--Horror · 06-06-23 11:11am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: October--Horror · 06-10-23 3:28am
by Choconut ~ House Targaryen
*Star* Re: Re: October--Horror · 06-10-23 4:00am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Choconut ~ House Targaryen.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3566319