*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3580717
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 26, 2023 at 6:29pm
Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans
To be fair, when you're a high schooler, high school is your whole world, and high school problems seem actually important, so using literal magic to solve stupid shit like who runs the cheerleading squad seems like a good idea. Outside of simple narative reasons, the fact that Will himself is a high schooler is going to give him tunnel vision when it comes to replacement. Besides, senior year of high school is when the people tend to have the most fun in high school, so the attractive impersonations would actually be fun.

Will going to Hollywood seems is a very broad route to go down, and trying to take over the town is very quickly going to bring up the mechanial issue of dividing your essense so far that you fall apart trying to make too many golems, which is why I assume the topic is avoided in addition to being almost as broad as Hollywood. The Saratoga Falls high schools are very well definied settings, and going beyond them is always hard because you need to come up with so much from scratch to expand the existing framework.

I personally liked your moms route, thought it was interesting, though I've enjoyed all your work. The parents are definintely underexplored parts of the narrative. I actually emailed seuzz a few months ago about Catherin Muskov's parents because I wondered where exactly they were while Catherine perpetually had people over lol. I'd like to see more of things like that, and I really hope that one day Will's mom is explored more throughly.
MESSAGE THREAD
Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 12:03am
by rugal b.
Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 2:41am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 7:40am
by Masktrix
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 6:29pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 10:29pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 10:57pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 11:03pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 11:28pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-27-23 12:58am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 11:37pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-27-23 1:02am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 09-18-23 7:30pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 09-19-23 8:04am
by Masktrix
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 09-19-23 10:46am
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3580717