*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3587640
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 18, 2023 at 7:30pm
Edited: September 19, 2023 at 12:35am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans
So I'm going to apologize about not having updated this in about two weeks. On one hand it's a bit creative in that I've been a little stuck on working out where I want the next chapter to go, but honestly that's minor. The bigger thing is that for most of the last month or so my A/C situation has been... precarious and last week the compressor on one of the units finally crapped out. I live in the south and having virtually no A/C during a hot and humid southern summer doesn't really create an environment where one wants to sit around and write or figure out the intricacies of a story. Especially not when I've been bouncing between hotels most of the last week just so I'm able to sleep while trying to get this problem fixed.

But I think the worst of it is behind me and it's going to start cooling a bit this week. It still won't be pleasant but it'll be a little better and a little more bearable. So I may try to get back into the swing of things if I start to feel a little more comfortable.

I'm not sure exactly how long this Abby storyline is going to go beyond "when I feel like switching" and it may only be a few more chapters before I change to something else, I don't know, but I hope it's been enjoyable. There's another storyline that I plan on following it up with whenever I switch over that Seuzz has been helping me work out. The actual thrust of the story is, in effect, pretty simple but to actually make it work requires working out how everything in the background—stuff that the reader might not ever see or learn or will only catch glimpses of—runs. Because as I told Seuzz, it's easier to destroy something when you know how it's constructed.
MESSAGE THREAD
Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 12:03am
by rugal b.
Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 2:41am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 7:40am
by Masktrix
Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 6:29pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 10:29pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 10:57pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 11:03pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 11:28pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-27-23 12:58am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-26-23 11:37pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 08-27-23 1:02am
by ThePrussian
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 09-18-23 7:30pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 09-19-23 8:04am
by Masktrix
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ducklings and Swans · 09-19-23 10:46am
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3587640