*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3588816
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 25, 2023 at 5:32pm
Edited: September 25, 2023 at 5:33pm
Re: Private Reviews Should be able to be Made Unprivate b...
Greets,

My personal opinion on this is we want more reviewing, not less reviewing.

Putting ultimatums/fear tactics on reviewers yields less reviews, not more. While you assume this would only be used for "scathing" reviews, there's really no guarantee. At that rate, all reviews should just be public. But there in lies the problem... Different folks want different things. I don't review much, but when I do... it's almost never "public".

Please keep in mind that harassing reviews are not allowed and we wouldn't want someone to think the only way to handle a harassing review was to make it public. That should be submitted to us. A "harsh" or "scathing" review... well whether it's harassing or just harsh is in the eyes of the receiver.

In the case that you're talking about, the review was brought to my attention, I did personally read it and I did let the person who received the review know they were in the wrong on their interpretation of the words they received. To be sure, I don't really think your suggestion would have prevented either the review OR the situation. This is my humble opinion and I'm just sharing this in response to your suggestion. *Heart*

In summary, what you're proposing isn't a good solution to those who receive negatively, unflattering reviews... and placing some type of "fear factor" onto reviewers is not a good solution for anyone. Sometimes, you can't solve 100% of the "mean" reviews and that's just kind of part of life and community activity. It's very very hard to keep those with the thinnest of skin for that kind of thing happy and sometimes it's best if they don't list their items for reviews if the worry of a single negative review is too much.

*Heart*

Best wishes,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Attention to Detail
[Click For More Info]

For all of the fixing glitches, upgrading software, implementing new ideas, and the neverending hard work that you do to make Writing.com a great place!
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
Private Reviews Should be able to be Made Unprivate by Write · 09-25-23 2:49pm
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
*Star* Re: Private Reviews Should be able to be Made Unprivate b... · 09-25-23 5:32pm
by The StoryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3588816