*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3610582
by Jeff
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Activity · #1546312
A NaNoWriMo fundraiser... compete as a NaNo writer or donate by sponsoring one!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 30, 2023 at 11:56am
*Graph*2023 Results
by Jeff
Hi Everyone,

It's time to announce some results for last month's "NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon!

Individual Prizes

Congratulations to 🌸 pwheeler - love joy peace for winning a Determination Merit Badge for having the highest overall word count of any Write-A-Thon writer: 502,185. I'm pretty sure that's the highest word count for any Write-A-Thon participant ever, and an average of nearly 17,000 words per day! *Shock2*

Congratulations to 🌸 pwheeler - love joy peace for securing the Fundraising Merit Badge in the Highest Overall Sponsorship Raised category: 1,651,555 GPs raised among all of her sponsors!

Congratulations to Writer_Mike for taking home the Generosity Merit Badge in the Highest Overall Donation category with 1,121,188 GPs donated among all his sponsored writers!

Other Stats

*Bullet* 31 competing writers
*Bullet* 21 NaNo Winners (67.7% success rate)
*Bullet* 2,075,827 total words written

Funds

I'm proud to report that the Write-A-Thon's final take this year was:

7,146,528 Gift Points!

What this means:

*Bullet* Each beneficiary of the activity will receive 714,652 GPs (I'll round up to 750,000 GPs each *Smile*)!

*Bullet* Winners of the 1% share of funds received 71,465 GPs (I'll round up to 75,000 GPs each *Smile*)! Those winners are:
                   ðŸŒ¸ pwheeler - love joy peace
                   Showering Dutchessbarbie.
                   LdyPhoenix
                   VIRTUAL DICE WINNER: azrael2915
                   VIRTUAL DICE WINNER: Jeff

In Closing

Prize distribution is in progress. Please feel free to follow up with me directly if you don't receive all of your prizes by mid-January... some of you have multiple badges coming and I want to make sure they all count for CR. *Bigsmile*

Thank you to everyone who made the "NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon possible this year. We wouldn't be able to do this without generous sponsors, competitive writers, and the support and encouragement of other members of the site. It's amazing to see what this community can accomplish when we band together and work toward a common goal. Thanks for everything, and I'll see you all next year! *Smile*

Jeff
Logo for Senior Moderators - small
If you're interested in checking out my work:
"New & Noteworthy Things
"Blogocentric Formulations
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Graph*2023 Results · 12-30-23 11:56am
by Jeff
Re: 2023 Results · 12-30-23 4:44pm
by Showering Dutchessbarbie.
Re: 2023 Results · 12-31-23 10:54am
by Writer_Mike

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Jeff.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3610582