*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3615555
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 24, 2024 at 5:07am
Re: January '24
Well done, but am I correct? You have 2 entries for this month? Just making sure I've not made a mistake of some sort. *Blush* If you've done 2 entries this month, while I fully support that and you are more than welcome to do as many entries as you want for each month, if you're feeling spry, you might want to consider doing make-up months so you can actually get a whole year finished sooner. *Delight* Again, this isn't an obligation, but I count that you've done 17 months, yet you don't have any 12 consecutive months so you've not been rewarded yet. *Frown*

If you want to do more entries and want to finish a whole year sooner than 12 actual months of calendar time, you can work on entries for July 2017 - January 2018 or June 2020 - October 2020. *Smile* If you decide to do make-up entries, you can find the contests to enter in the dropnotes named "Previously Highlighted Contests." Pick the correct year, find the month you need and see what's open. If nothing is open, but will likely open soon, such as a romance poetry contest only open in February, either wait or reach out to the contest owner to see if their contest will be open in February. If everything is closed and doesn't look like it will reopen soon, reach out to the contest owner(s) of the one(s) you want to reopen and see if they'll be reopening soon. Sometimes they've been pondering it or even planning it and knowing people are waiting to enter will encourage them to get into gear. *Wink*

If the only thing open is something you won't enter because it's offensive (such as a sexy item contest, but no, you can't say romance poetry is offensive because you don't like romance--stretch your skills lol), I'll find you a replacement. *Bigsmile* And if everything is closed, offensive or not, I'll find you a replacement.

When doing a make-up entry, please include the month and year you're making up (as you did here, though it's not needed when you're doing a current entry lol) and the contest you entered (which you forgot to do in the title here) so I can quickly and easily scan the forum to see what's been entered. *Smile* If you're ever not sure about how to create an entry, though I do try my best to always give credit, there's an example just above the forum. *Bigsmile* And if that's not fully clear and you want a live example, H❀pe does a great job of posting exactly how I like. She's also working on make-up entries, so you can use her as an example for both a current entry and a make-up entry. *Delight* Here's a link to one of her make-up entries. "First and Second Chance Poetry Contest - Sept 23"   She has the contest title and the month/year she's making up in the title of the post here, then in the body, she has a link to her entry post in the contest forum. She also mentioned it's a catch-up entry, which isn't stritcly necessary since she titled the challenge post correctly, but maybe it's good to ensure I'm paying attention. *Laugh* Here's an example of this month's contest that she entered. "Share your faith contest"   She put the post title here as the contest, but didn't include the month/year because it's a current one, so I don't need that. Then in the body, she included her link to her entry post in the contest forum.

While I'm certainly giving you credit here, you're doing more work than is needed for an entry into my challenge. *Laugh* If we already chatted about this and you prefer to do all the extra work, then you do you. *Laugh* But all I REALLY need that you posted is the link to your post in the contest forum showing me you entered. *Wink* The other thing I want that you didn't include is the contest name in the title of your post. I try to ensure I get 5 entries for each contest each month. I don't always, but I do try. *Bigsmile* When I'm doing a count, it helps me when the title of the post is the title of the contest so I can see how many entries each contest has without having to open each entry. *Wink* The date isn't necessary, but if you're likely to forget to include the date on make-up entries if you don't put it on all entries (if you decide to do make-up entries, though you don't have to), then again, you do you. It's more work for you, but as long as I get what I need, that's all I REALLY care about. *Laugh*

Anyway, check out how H❀pe posts for the perfect example. If you like what you're doing and don't care that you're doing extra work, then I just ask that you please include the contest title in your post title here. *Bigsmile* But again, I do try to give credit whenever I can and you definitely are getting credit. *Smile* I just hate to see you doing so much extra work if you don't have to...unless you just want to. *Laugh*

Good luck with your contest entry! And good luck with catching up if you decide to do some make-up entries to finish off a year faster. *Horseshoe*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

MESSAGE THREAD
January '24 · 01-18-24 11:21am
by Richard ~ Shenanigans INC.
*Star* Re: January '24 · 01-24-24 5:07am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo is Late to Lannister.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3615555