*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3621443
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 12, 2024 at 12:53pm
Re: Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story"
by Seuzz
"Good-Bye to All That --> "From Plan B to Plan C

There's almost twenty chapters been added since this thread was created/last updated. Is there that much to talk about?

From "Good-Bye to All That --> "Home Sweet Hollywood, which I wrote at a run, Will stole the identity of a minor TV actor, Paul Griffin, and got Sydney the body of Paul's teenage daughter. They then went to Hollywood, and I ended things with a series of choices of Hollywood personalities who should be next duplicated and replaced. I left it there for a long time, then asked readers in a poll where the story should go. I had lots of ideas for each of the first four choices--

--but readers surprised me by choosing to put Will and Sydney back in high school.

A series of polls after that took the story through "School Survey, where it took another screwball turn: Readers wanted Will to put Sydney into the body of one of drama teacher Gianna Johns's friends. The chapters that followed were written to flesh out a handful of possibilities.

I'll confess that the first couple of chapters dealing with Gianna were hard to write, because I know nothing about drama classes, and the kinds of things that happen in them. That's why they are so short on detail. I knew even less about Gianna's friends, and day by day had to invent a new person until I had arrived at five of them -- four women and one man -- which is the usual number of choices that Will confronts at a major juncture.

I don't know much about these candidates except what is on the page. The exception is the male, Jackson Cobb. But if there's a lot more to him than shows up in "From Plan B to Plan C, that's because he is basically a stranger to Gianna, and only shows up briefly.

Will I return to these characters? I suppose I should, having set them up. But there's enormous possibilities elsewhere in Hollywood. This string of chapters was, to repeat, wholly unanticipated by their author.
MESSAGE THREAD
Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story" · 11-09-22 12:24pm
by Seuzz
*Star* Re: Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story" · 02-12-24 12:53pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story" · 02-13-24 4:50pm
by imaj
Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story" · 02-13-24 11:54pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story" · 02-13-24 5:16pm
by rugal b.

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3621443