*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3621859
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 13, 2024 at 5:16pm
Re: Re: Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story"
I think if I had to pick it would be Brittney or Brooke but for me it'd be make do kinds of picks. Ultimately, nothing about any of the characters (Gianna included) grabs me but I've said before that's the big problem for me of the Hollywood setting: too disconnected to the point where it's hard to form any kind of opinion on the characters. I kind of feel like Will himself was experiencing that in all of this. Like "I don't know any of these people, they're all total strangers, so how am I really supposed to form an opinion on them for anything other than superficial reasons?"

I think that's partly a problem any time Will switches with an adult in general as they're a little more disconnected from 90% of the characters, but that's amplified when he's away from Saratoga Falls.

I feel the more interesting choices would have been Will taking a student's identity or Hailey from back when "Becky" first enrolled in the school since that would have kept him more in contact with Sydney. The way he comes off in this whole Gianna thing feels like he's being really dismissive of her in a way that reads as incredibly out of character. Of course maybe that's kind of intentional in that he's so caught up in being Gianna and Gianna has no real reason to care about this random student in one of her classes beyond a superficial way. But Sydney's basically naked and jumping around screaming "pay attention to me" and Will's just looking the other way.
MESSAGE THREAD
Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story" · 11-09-22 12:24pm
by Seuzz
Re: Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story" · 02-12-24 12:53pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story" · 02-13-24 4:50pm
by imaj
Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story" · 02-13-24 11:54pm
by rugal b.
*Star* Re: Re: Commentary: "Just the Typical Hollywood Story" · 02-13-24 5:16pm
by rugal b.

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3621859