Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:07pm
Edited: April 13, 2024 at 7:56pm
Re: Winner for 4/12 and prompt for 4/13
by inkerod
"The kids at school are so materialistic. I don't like school. The women date a guy's car, and they're so snobbish about what they drive it makes me sick. Why can't they see inside a person and know if they are kind and caring individuals? But I guess I am being snobbish in my own way. I'm still judging people. When I was young we judged people on their politics. It was always a contest to see who was the most indignant about the "military industrial complex".
There were two small lampstands in the apartment that gave out a soft light. Jayna put her hand on the windowsill to steady herself.
She suddenly became subdued. Robby put his arm across her shoulder.
"Jayna, you shouldn't tire yourself. The doctor said you must conserve your energy," Robby said.
"Robby, what good is life if you have to rest all the time?"
Jayna gasped as her final phrase came out. She took labored breaths trying to recover.
"Robby, you're such a caring man. Why don't you marry me?" Jayna asked.
"I'm not divorced from my first wife, yet. Her unabashed materialism nearly drove me crazy," Robby stated.
Robby gently put his arm across Jayna's waist and eased her into the stuffed chair.
"I know. Why don't we have an affair?"
"Debby would bankrupt me if I did that. But if I could have an affair, I would have it with you."
"Robby, you're a man after my own heart."
Jayna laid back in her chair and struggled to catch her breath. Robby figured it was just a matter of time for her now. He would miss her when she was gone. He brought down the shades because the sun hurt her eyes. She had been a great beauty in her time.

274 words
MESSAGE THREAD
Winner for 4/12 and prompt for 4/13 · 04-12-24 11:19pm
by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon
*Star* Re: Winner for 4/12 and prompt for 4/13 · 04-13-24 1:07pm
by inkerod

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3641727