*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3641804
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 13, 2024 at 6:48pm
Edited: April 13, 2024 at 9:29pm
Re: Saratoga Falls Location Headcanons
I'd say that the most obvious locations given what's been said about it (distance to mountains, not tiny but not big, focus on engineering, agriculture, seems to be a magnet for the defense and other such industries), somewhere in Ohio is probably a good bet. Also, Saratoga Falls has kind of an Everywhere, USA deal to it and Ohio is part of that group of kind of unremarkable Great Lakes area states (like Indiana or Illinois) where that fits too.

I'd say other possibilities are probably western Pennsylvania/the Greater Pittsburgh area, western or central Massachusetts or Connecticut. The Knoxville area of Tennessee or somewhere like North Carolina is a possibility but those places are pretty culturally southern and Tina Branson stands out to everyone else because she's very southern so I don't quite know if that'd fit.

The thing that gets me is looking at the chapters where Will goes to get Evie from the military school which is, I believe, in Oregon. The drive out takes 9 days (with a three day stop for car issues; so it should have taken around 5 or 6 normally) but the drive back takes 3 which seems... really off. Even if it was Ohio, Ohio isn't that far from those other places to where driving to Pennsylvania or Massachussets or wherever would add an extra three days.

But yeah Ohio, western Pennsylvania, western/central Massachusetts and Connecticut would probably be my guesses.
MESSAGE THREAD
Saratoga Falls Location Headcanons · 04-13-24 4:14pm
by ThePrussian
*Star* Re: Saratoga Falls Location Headcanons · 04-13-24 6:48pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Saratoga Falls Location Headcanons · 04-13-24 9:42pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Saratoga Falls Location Headcanons · 04-14-24 3:07am
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Saratoga Falls Location Headcanons · 04-14-24 11:44am
by Zuul
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saratoga Falls Location Headcanons · 04-14-24 12:47pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saratoga Falls Location Headcanons · 04-14-24 5:20pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saratoga Falls Location Headc... · 04-15-24 4:16am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saratoga Falls Location H... · 04-27-24 8:15pm
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3641804