Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 20, 2024 at 6:54pm
Edited: April 21, 2024 at 5:39am
Re: Winner for 4/19 and prompt for 4/20
by inkerod
Joey stared at the wall and wondered how long he would have stay there. The other high school kids would have been at the party for an hour or more while he waited for his brother to come home with the medical report. Joey was not a fan of Dr. Illbey's. He was so grim. Joey did not want to miss the beer guzzling, rowdy festival at Danny Holcrumb's house. Joey did not care if the doctor was concerned about his health. He didn't care if he died. He wanted to attend that festival of drinking and groping female bodies. He picked up a piece of cheese from the plate on the table and put the savory morsel in his mouth, briefly enjoying its salty taste. He had to get out of here! Didn't they understand how much these parties were a part of his life blood?
At 6:30 Mike's car pulled into the driveway. The front door opened and then shut. His brother's footsteps approached.
"Joey, I have bad news," Mike told his younger brother.
"I don't care about any news. I want to go to Sarah Rebert's party! I want to have fun," Joey sputtered.
"Joey, the tumor has come back," Mike said softly.
Joey stood up and threw his chair across the room.
"I don't give a damn about any tumor. I'll worry about the tumor tomorrow," Joey fumed.
"Joey, they're checking you into the hospital tomorrow," Mike said.
"I won't go to any Goddamned hospital!" Joey shouted.
Joey grabbed the plate of cheese and hurled it against the wall. He picked up another chair and threw it through the window.
"I want to go to a party!" he shouted, his eyes wild with rage and fear.
MESSAGE THREAD
Winner for 4/19 and prompt for 4/20 · 04-19-24 11:06pm
by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon
*Star* Re: Winner for 4/19 and prompt for 4/20 · 04-20-24 6:54pm
by inkerod

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3644630