Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 5, 2024 at 12:06pm
Edited: May 5, 2024 at 3:57pm
Re: Winner for 5/4 and prompt for 5/5
by inkerod
Three black angus steers lay shot through the head in Wendell's barn. Blood and manure covered the ground. The sheriff surveyed the scene. The sheriff's deputy walked up to the sheriff and asked, "What happened here?"
"Floyd has shot three of Wendell's steers just as they were ready to go to slaughter. Floyd and Wendell are two of the most stubborn men I have ever seen."
Wendell appeared on the path leading towards the barn from his house.
"Bob, keep Floyd off my land," Wendell shouted.
"Wendell, both of you are behaving like jack asses, but I am going to have a serious talk with Floyd. He is obsessed with the idea of getting the mineral rights to your farm. You can't reason with him, so I am going to put the fear of God into him. In the meantime I am going to confiscate your shotgun, Wendell."
"No, sheriff. That would be an invitation for Floyd to come and kill all my cattle," Wendell reacted.
"Wendell, I have had it with both of you. Now give me your shotgun and don't argue with me. I will take Floyd's guns, too. I am not going to let a property dispute turn into a homicide. When that happens you could start a feud that lasts for generations. I had a grandfather who was killed in a bloody feud. I'm not going to let that start in my county."
Wendell reluctantly entered his house and brought out his shotgun. Wendell was mad, but the sheriff was a big man. Wendel handed Sheriff Bob the gun.
The next day the sheriff and one of his deputies knocked on Wendell's door. When the sheriff came out of the house, "He's dead" was all he could say.
MESSAGE THREAD
Winner for 5/4 and prompt for 5/5 · 05-05-24 12:24am
by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon
*Star* Re: Winner for 5/4 and prompt for 5/5 · 05-05-24 12:06pm
by inkerod
Re: Re: Winner for 5/4 and prompt for 5/5 · 05-05-24 3:19pm
by inkerod

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3649775