*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/467054
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Health · #371316
This forum is for all women who want to discuss Menopause.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 28, 2002 at 6:45am
Re: Not yet, but kind of looking forward to it...
Even though this is a story...there is a good point here. This story is almost what my sister-in law lived almost 6 years ago, except she bled for 6 months and didn't tell anyone. It got to the point where she was so weak she had to take a nap in the afternoon.
I pleaded with her to please go and get checked that bleeding is a sign of cancer.
You would be on the telephone with her and she would drop the phone and run for the bathroom...she had started bleeding and had to go!
Long story short...she finally went to the doctor. When they examined her...three larger tumors. One was the size of a baseball and it was cancer. Total hysterectomy...followed by radiation.
Ladies...no one your body like you do. Anything that feels weird, wasn't there yesterday, bleeding...please go and get checked.
What I thought was the start of menopause when I was 45...was also the sign of cancer...which it was cancer.
I am a cancer survivor and yearly pap tests saved my life. My cancer was in the early stages that a D&C took care of it. You can read my story "Not Me and read what I went through.
Thank you for sharing your story Jessiebelle.

jane:)

Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me

image for Catwoman pink ribbon for breast cancer

Stop animal abuse

One isn't born a woman, one becomes one.
Simone De Beauvoir
MESSAGE THREAD
Not yet, but kind of looking forward to it... · 09-28-02 1:05am
by Holly Jahangiri
*Star* Re: Not yet, but kind of looking forward to it... · 09-28-02 6:45am
by catwoman
Re: Re: Not yet, but kind of looking forward to it... · 09-28-02 9:30am
by Holly Jahangiri

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, catwoman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/467054