*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/470396
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Health · #371316
This forum is for all women who want to discuss Menopause.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 2, 2002 at 7:45am
Re: I will be back

Hello Earthwoman!!!
Well, welcome aboard and to the fact we're getting older. I just checked in my book...which is always at my computer.."What your doctor may not tell you about Menopause" by John R.Lee,M.D. and water retention is also a big part of menopause.

I'm very happy to hear that you are going through all these tests though. Even though I have yearly physicals..what I thought was menopause was cancer. I was spotting during the month, which is both a sign of menopause and cancer. Cancer doesn't run in my family...so I never thought in a million years it was cancer! But it was. You are doing the right steps here by having everything eliminated first. Then...if they can't find anything...make them start looking at the symptoms of menopause.

I'm a big Oprah fan...and she just went through this. She was having tiny pains through her chest. Of course she thought there was something wrong with her heart. She had all the tests known to womankind and then some. Nothing...it was the start of menopause. I've had chest pain. Nothing that would make me think it was a stroke or heart attack...then these are also signs of the great big "M".

But I'm glad you are having every test they will run on you. Then you will know...if all your tests come back negative...you can then deal with being a woman and starting the next stage which is the "change of life".

Yes! Two doctors are better than one! Again..I'm happy to hear you are getting everything checked out. Then you know what you're up against and can deal with it. Hopefully it's just Menopause. Just? That's a whole other post!!

Man! They aren't kidding when they say change. We'll be waiting to hear from you. I really hope all your tests come back O.K. Keep us posted!

jane:)

Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me

image for Catwoman Pink Ribbon for Breast Cancer designed by AIP

Stop animal abuse

One isn't born a woman, one becomes one.
Simone De Beauvoir
MESSAGE THREAD
I will be back · 10-01-02 3:14pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: I will be back · 10-02-02 7:45am
by catwoman

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, catwoman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/470396