*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/470438
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Health · #371316
This forum is for all women who want to discuss Menopause.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 2, 2002 at 9:06am
Symptoms of Menopause
 (This message was edited by jane on 10-11-02 @ 9:23 am EDT)

I'm posting some symptoms of menopause but don't just assume you are going through menopause if you have any of these symptoms. Please have a physical to make sure you are going through menopause. I can't stress this enough. You know my history with menopause and cancer. I don't want to bore anyone with harping on it all the time...but that is the first step.

Now I've decided to post the symptoms of menopause:

1. weight gain (sure why not...hit us with that first!)
2. water retention
3. migraines and headaches
4. breast swelling
5. fibrocystic breasts
6. hot flashes
7. vaginal dryness
8. mood swings
9. night sweats
10.sagging breasts
11.fatter hips
12.skin problems(including itchy skin!!)
13.high blood pressure
14.candida (yeast infections)
15.allergies
16.arthritis
17.hair loss
Are you having fun yet?
18.irregular periods
19.lost interest in sex
20.fatigue
21.depression
22.inability to handle stress
23.irritability
24.uterine fibroids
25.endometriosis
26.low metabolism
27.sleep disturbances
28.short-term memory lapses
where was I?
29.heart palpitations

So, that is just "some" of the symptoms!! Every woman is going to be different. I don't have the night sweats or hot flashes, because my body makes to much estrogen. Most women need estrogen. I get red spots about the size of quarters on each cheek around 2 every afternoon. That is it.

My biggest problem is mood swings,bouts of crying (which is new to me...I'm just not like this),breast swelling (feel like Dolly Parton most of the time),weight gain and can't get it off,sleep disturbances (which is crazy for me..I've always been a sleeper),fatigue(just NO energy!),headaches and migraines (had to break down and get medicine for these), and the worse for me is heart palpitations! These just freak me out!

I'm border line anemic and working hard at getting that back up to normal. And that all happened because of heavy periods. So, I hope this helps someone out there. I'm very determined to go through this naturally as long as my body agrees to it. I won't and can't afford to have heavy,heavy periods because of being anemic, so as long as that doesn't get out of control...I'm in it for the long haul!!

I take the progesterone creme, vitamin E,Evening Primrose, my Sweet Annie herb capsules (so I don't hurt anyone) and really try to watch the caffeine.

I read somewhere that you are not out of menopause until you have gone one full year without a period! Man! One full year!

So, that's it for this posting! Please feel free to comment on anything or ask questions. As you can see...I'm pretty open about this, I feel this is a natural part of a woman's life and it needs to be brought out and talked about...if you need to talk about it. If you don't feel comfortable talking about it...then just read about it. If you have anything you want to ask me one on one...just email me. Ask me anything. If I can help you I will...if I can't, I'll tell you and try to find an answer for you.

jane:)

Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me

image for Catwoman Pink Ribbon for Breast Cancer designed by AIP

Stop animal abuse

One isn't born a woman, one becomes one.
Simone De Beauvoir
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Symptoms of Menopause · 10-02-02 9:06am
by catwoman
Re: Symptoms of Menopause · 10-02-02 11:15am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Symptoms of Menopause · 10-02-02 12:28pm
by catwoman

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, catwoman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/470438