*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/470535
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Health · #371316
This forum is for all women who want to discuss Menopause.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 2, 2002 at 11:15am
Re: Symptoms of Menopause
by A Non-Existent User

I'm pretty open about this, I feel this is a natural part of a woman's life and it needs to be brought out and talked about...if you need to talk about it.

The funny part of that statement is that I read a recent article in Reader's Digest (while waiting for a doc appt) and the author was complaining about how people have started talking about all types of things that she thinks should be kept private (I am the opposite, I think it is healthy to talk about a lot more in society than we do). She tells the story of when she goes to a local gym to swim in the pool each morning. For years another woman around her age swam at the same time as the author and the two women would exchange "pleasantries". One morning the other woman said to her, "It is getting difficult to get up this early to swim lately because of my raging hormones. I hardly get any sleep!" The author assumed the other woman meant she was having sex all night and was offended that the other woman assumed it was ok to discuss her sex life. When I read that, I automatically assumed the other woman meant she was up all night because of menopausal hormones, not having sex!

I am one to discuss pretty much anything and everything because I learned a few years ago that if I am ashamed of who I am, what I do or how I feel, then I am opening myself up to depression and a host of other issues. I figure if I am ashamed of something about myself I have two choices, change how I feel about it or stop doing it. Most of what I was ashamed of was perfectly natural human stuff that was always going to be a part of my humanity. It was then that my journey began to accept myself as I am.

So...on that note...I have a suggestion for you Jane. How about putting either a link to your post on symptoms or the list of symptoms in the forum description and also a short list of books you recommend. This way newcomers won't miss any valuable information that you put in your posts.

I want to thank you again for hosting this forum. What I want to know is...

aren't I too young to be going into menopause? I am only 37! How scary. sigh.

** Image ID #380980 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
Symptoms of Menopause · 10-02-02 9:06am
by catwoman
*Star* Re: Symptoms of Menopause · 10-02-02 11:15am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Symptoms of Menopause · 10-02-02 12:28pm
by catwoman

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, catwoman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/470535