*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/752410
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #718853
A perplexing entanglement of mystifying fragments to amuse and bedazzle.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 29, 2003 at 1:13am
Re: Re: Hello
by A Non-Existent User
You know chatty, I've been thinking about this whole mess. This is the outcome of my thoughts... I assume that everyone on this site is going to be nice. This is extremely unrealistic. Since I tend to only associate with a small number of people on this site, that have proven to be legitimately nice, it just adds to the fallacy. For the year and a half I have been on here, I have stuck my neck out publicly (forums and such) very rarely. I have really only communicated with other members that have sent me reviews that have been nice or at least respectful.

I assumed that, because it was the gentelman's forum, that everyone posting in it would be as nice as him. I even posted a rather lengthy speech about improving a short story. I probably came across as condescending to anyone lacking in self confidence.Especially anyone whose stories had the issues I was talking about. In all actuality I was just trying to help the entrants in the contest. This was before I decided to enter my own story. I think I brought this all on myself, though I do not apologize for it. I should be able to voice an opinion when there is an opportunity. But in doing so , I have to accept the fact that not everyone will agree with my opinion, and could possibly be motivated to respond in a negative way. So I have to make a decision A.)Risk ridicule for the sake of freedom of speech, and deal with negative feedback, or B.)Limit my public interaction on the site, and save myself a headache.

Though this may seem surprising, I believe I have learned a lesson and will stick with B.

I completely understand you being pissed off that your post was deleted and not anyone elses. It sounds like that forum is not the best place for a positive, fun-loving person like you to be.

Have you ever heard the story about the bucket of crabs? If you put crabs in a bucket and one climbs up the side and is trying to get out, what happens? The other crabs pull the crab back down. If one of them is miserable, then they should all be miserable. Don't let the crabs of negativity keep you down chatty. That's letting the bad guys win. The bad guys got the best of me for about 3 days, but I'm done with it, and learned a valuable lesson.

You know, that's a good idea about waiting for negative feelings to subside before reacting. You are way ahead of me in that game. I used to let things go, hoping that the issue would get better with time. This didn't work well with me, because I would drive myself nuts obsessing over the wrong done to me. I don't remember what caused it, but one day I said that's it. I'm dealing with issues that piss me off immediately. If a customer at work would cuss me out, I cussed right back. If a sales associate was not working up to standards or having an issue, I dealt with it right then and there. The amazing thing is, I have such a peace all the time now. It's very therapeutic to release anger before it has a chance to build up. I don't fret over "what I should have said". Now, have I made irrational and poor decisions sometimes, due to reacting on the fly? definitely, but hey it was worth it to be free of anger.

Well now that I have talked your ear off, I guess I'll go. That is quite a fetching sig you have now *simile*

P.S. The posts have been deleted from gents forum, so you won't get to read them *Frown*. His contest is over in 2 days. I'm starting to get nervous.
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Hello · 10-28-03 8:23pm
by ~LadyBee~
Re: Hello · 10-28-03 8:59pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Re: Hello · 10-29-03 1:13am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, ~LadyBee~.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/752410