*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/764523
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 20, 2003 at 11:34am
Star Wars or Star Trek
I don't normally mix discussions from my two forums, but this subject came up on my movie forum.

The question was which do you like better.
What do you all think?

This is part of how I answered:
Of course I have seen the Star Trek/Star Wars debate come up several times on that forum. I have learned that there are just as many Star Wars fans on our site as there are of Star Trek.

I do like both, but I like Star Trek more.

Just think of the impact that Star Trek has had on people the next time you see a bumper sticker that says, "Beam me up Scotty...", or a Star Fleet Academy window sticker.

References to Star Trek can be found now and then in everything from TV to everyday life.

I personally think that the main reason for that is because Star Trek is much more believable than Star Wars. We have real people going to the Stars to explore where no one has gone before. It makes a person think, this can happen in a futuristic setting.

There are many sci-fi shows and books that seem to have tried to copy a little of Star Trek.

Star Wars, while entertaining, doesn't have as plausible feel to it. It is more like Lara Croft or Indiana Jones gone to space.

This is a sig that I use often.

This is a member sig for The Group of Talkers

Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Star Wars or Star Trek · 11-20-03 11:34am
by Maryann - House Martell
Re: Star Wars or Star Trek · 11-26-03 7:08pm
by onaya3
Re: Re: Star Wars or Star Trek · 12-10-03 2:44pm
by C. Powell

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann - House Martell.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/764523