Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/952240
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Health · #836526
For any one who suffers from chronic pain
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 16, 2004 at 2:00am
Re: I'm sure you can relate......
by A Non-Existent User
Yeah, what you said is true - and I can relate (even though I don't know what on Earth is wrong with me).
People I see pretty regularly at the gym when coaching ask me how my back is, and I either say 'OK', because people don't really want to hear my negative answer, or I say 'The same as always'. Pretty soon they stop asking me how I feel. I'm glad I don't have to keep disappointing people who are hoping for me to get better, but at the same time, when they stop asking how I'm feeling because it's always the same, it's disheartening because maybe it will never be better. *sigh*

And about pushing forward and trying to be "normal", yeah, I do that. The other day when coaching gymnastics, I noticed that the floor was free and my group was on a water break... So I ran and did a round-off, which is a really simple exercise. And while doing it I felt sooo GOOD, but right when I landed I felt really BAD because my mind came back to the pain instead of the thrill of moving. Arg. I have to learn my own limitations... I guess?

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#896357 by Not Available.

*Down* A Miracle *Down*

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#875537 by Not Available.

MESSAGE THREAD
I'm sure you can relate...... · 10-11-04 12:39pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: I'm sure you can relate...... · 10-12-04 12:55pm
by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth
*Star* Re: I'm sure you can relate...... · 10-16-04 2:00am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: I'm sure you can relate...... · 10-16-04 8:25am
by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/952240