*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Turning point.
  2. S.O.S.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1022860-Voyage-of-the-Enlightenment/cid/279397-Turning-point
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1022860
Three million alien colonists shrink and arrive here on Earth!
This choice: Karla looks around listlessly.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Turning point.

    by: Benway69
Karla twirled her finger in her mousey hair and gazed about listlessly. Gone. Aliens? Hoax? She'd never know. She picked up a biro and scrawled the word "WOW" in the margin of a sheet of paper.

Which was fortunate, because as she glanced up she saw something which was to be a turning point in the lives of millions!

On the table in front of her there were a series of blue white glows of energy which blazed brightly and then faded. When her eyes adjusted to the change in intensity she saw that on the exact spot where the lights had been were maybe two dozen of what looked like insects. They were maybe three milimeters long and two high and now that she was looking at them they really didn't look quite right.

Also, they hadn't been there before the lights!

Her normal reaction on seeing ants or any other insect would be to kill them, but the weirdness of events made her pause and watch instead.

They moved oddly, almost with a purpose. And.... She leaned in closer.

These were no insects!

She was looking at what she now felt sure were the very alien beings she had just been in communication with! When viewed close up they had six legs and two human-like arms. They had a head with actual hair and light coloured skin and faces.....

She stared, and after a minute one of them seemed to finish working on a barely visable device. He raised it to his face and spoke!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Benway69 (UN: benway69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Benway69 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1022860-Voyage-of-the-Enlightenment/cid/279397-Turning-point