*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Machu Picchu it Ain't
  2. Let's Begin....
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1389128-Digi-Pair-Anything-Goes/cid/726633-Machu-Picchu-it-Aint
by Drakin
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1389128
Choose Renamon and/or Guilmon and do anything you want to them
This choice: Advanced City  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Machu Picchu it Ain't

    by: Drakin
A near picture-esq morning dawned over the dens Digital World jungle. Near perfect in that the momentary beauty of the morning is shattered by an echoing scream that rang through the jungle for a few miles, disturbing all creatures nearby in the process.

This was the scream of a particular red dinosaur waking up and finding a bug the size of his head three inches from the end of his nose.

Renamon was having a hard time not laughing as she disposed of the recently incinerated insect. "It's ok Guilmon," she called up to the twitching mass huddled in the lowest branches of the nearby tree, "I got rid of it, you can come down now."

The red and white dino looked reluctant as he slid to the ground, still looking around nervously as the sudden adrenaline rush made him quite twitchy for the moment. "You never told me there would be bugs that big on this trip."

Renamon shrugged as she started packing up the small camp they'd made, "I told you we'd be dealing with all sorts of wildlife, including big bugs."

"Yes, but you never said just HOW big." Guilmon persisted.

Renamon sighed and just let it slide as they finished packing up, shouldered their packs and pressed onward through the jungle, pausing every dozen yards or so to use an attack to clear away the thick vegetation to make a trail.

After a while, once Guilmon had calmed down, he tried for a more normal conversation, "Renamon, just what are we doing out here in the jungle anyway?"

"We're going on the basis of a legend," Renamon replied simply, "In an attempt to find a lost treasure."

"What sort of treasure?" Guilmon asked, "Because silver and gold I can take, even something like gemstones, but if it's something hokey like 'self-discovery' I'll be upset."

Renamon chuckled at that remark. "Well, I honestly don't know what the treasure is Guilmon. All I know is it's rumored that deep in this jungle lies an ancient city with untold value, many Digimon have searched, but while some came up empty handed, those who plunged the deepest depths of the jungle never returned."

"Ok," Guilmon huffed, "It's that kind of talk that makes me want to leave right now."

Guilmon turned as if to leave, but tripped on a root as he did so. Landing at the base of the nearby tree, it was even more startling when the ground gave way under him and he began to fall. Renamon barely saved her companion by grabbing hold of the tip of his tail just in the nick of time.

"Guilmon," She called, "Are you alright?"

"I think so," Came the slightly muffled reply as he dangled upside down in the hole, "But I think I hit my head. I'm seeing a faint light down a long tunnel..."

Five minutes later the pair were in the tunnel, Guilmon almost having been ungraciously dropped on his head thanks to Renamon start of surprise at hearing about the light. The pair proceeded down the tunnel and soon came upon an amazing sight. The tunnel ended at a cliff that plunged downwards several hundred feet into a gigantic cavern. Above them the roots of old trees dangled like some sort of woven ceiling. But under that was truely incredible.

A vast domed city lay spread out before them. Easily ten miles wide from that they could see, almost reaching right up to the cave wall. Inside the dome, the city glowed with light, and every building was like some futuristic tower, curved and arching, full of all sorts of structural achievements that could not be made with crude efforts using wood or stone.

But for all it's wondrous design, there was something eery about it. Guilmon was the first to notice. "The city is empty," he breathed, almost afraid to hear his voice echo in the cave, "How is that possible Renamon? It looks like it was just built yesterday."

"I don't know," Renamon gave a cocky sort of smirk as she pulled a grappling hook from her pack, "But I intend to find out."

Another five minutes of tens repelling down the cliff face found them standing next to the city. It was creepy in a way. They stood on the edge of a perfectly manicured lawn, so uniform it looked like every blade of grass was the same length. And yet it stopped perfectly in line with the dome around it, leaving it to the rocky ground the pair stood on. This in itself might not have been unusual had the dome been solid, but when Guilmon reached out to touch the dome, his hand slid right through it. It was like a giant soap bubble almost, pushing through, while not as easy as walking in a room, was still far easier than trying to break through glass as one might assume the make of the dome.

Soon both were in the city and standing on the finely trimmed lawn. The more he looked around, the more Guilmon felt uneasy. There was a stillness in the air that was so thick it seemed almost as if severe pain would come to anyone who should break it. The air too smelled funny. Fresh and pure, but also tinged with the faintest smell of metal, as if it, like the city, had been manufactured.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Drakin (UN: drakin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Drakin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1389128-Digi-Pair-Anything-Goes/cid/726633-Machu-Picchu-it-Aint