*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Jeff
  2. testing
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1422311-Teleporter/cid/2044605-Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1422311
you are an inveter and you build all kinds of strage and often unpredictible inventions.
This choice: Jeff  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Jeff

    by: Cadie Laine
         "Jeff! Jeff! I have finished the teleporter. Do you want to come and see it?" I ask Jeff enthusiastically. He continues to pass me to head in to the house with his phone in hand. He's texting someone.
         "Uh maybe later, Dad. Got homework." he replies.
         "O-oh, okay." I said sort of wishing he'd have paid attention to what I had created for him.

         My teleportation device has been in the works for many years and I have just figured out the missing link. I have fixed it with complete accuracy. I just want to try it out on someone and I can't do that on my own because I can't stand in the machine and flip the switch at the same time. I have asked my daughter who was busy at cheerleading and football games this year and now Jeff has pretty much turned me down. Have I lost my children's interest? Have I lost who my children are? Why do they not care about what I care about? Can they see the possibilities with this machine? I slowly walked into the house and found my family sitting around the kitchen island. I noticed that the house had been cleaned and there were things in this house I did not recognize.Who are the pictures on the fridge? Where did the kids drawings go? Am I in the right house? Had my family moved since I began working on my teleportation invention.

         "Mom, I need some help with my calculus homework." Samantha stated.
         "No. She promised to help me with my english homework first." Jeff replied.
         "Wait!" Ami hollered. "Honey is there something you need?" She looked at me like had been standing there for nothing.
         "Uh, yea! I finished my invention and I need a human test. Who wants to go first?" I asked clapping my hands together and rubbing them expectantly.
         "Not me." said Ami. "I have supper to make."
         "I have other things to do, Dad." Samantha replied sounding bored and walking off with her backpack in hand.
         "Come on Jeff, how about we find out where I can take you." I was really hoping that we would agree so I could try this on someone in the family first. This way I could prove that my invention works and then I can take it to the science lab and show them and can help my family out in the long run.
         "Yea, whatever." he began to walk off then turned around. "Mom, if I'm not back in 10 minutes, please come save me." Jeff said with sarcasm.
         "He'll be fine. We'll be back in time for supper." I promised. Jeff and I walked outside to the garage where I had been working for the last few years on my inventions. I had created so many good things they just weren't useful enough like this invention. We approached the garage and found the door wide open. The place was a wreck, my workshop had been destroyed.All my tools were on the floor, my electrodes were thrown in the garbage. The chemicals were not touched. At least they knew not to mess with those. By whom? Who would be this diabolical. Who would be this thoughtless and careless? Jeff took one look and said.
         "Well, I guess it's not my turn to get electrocuted this time." He slapped me on the back and walked off. How could this happen? I could only think of a few people who knew what I was working on and were jealous enough to steal it from me. I walked back into the house and called for the kids to come down stairs from their rooms. Ami was still in the kitchen working on something that smelled like spaghetti for dinner. The kids came down relunctantly and wondered what was going on.
         "Can you two come help me with cleaning up my workshop? I would appreciate it." I pleaded. I have been told that my children love to help others maybe that would work in my favor.
         "Dad, we have homework. Mom always said that clean up comes after homework." Samantha stated.
         "Why do you not want to help me? Everyone always says you all are so helpful." I replied.
         "You don't want to know, Dad. Just trust us you don't want to know." Jeff finished.
         "Yes I do. Why won't you help me?" I asked not understanding what they were saying. All three of them took a deep breath and let it out trying to make the final decision to tell me or not. Ami made the decision.
         "Adam, you have not been in this house for over 2 years and sometimes when you really get to work it's longer. Yes our children are helpful. Our children are really wonderful teenagers. Look at them, they have grown up and you have missed most of it with your work. Why do they not want to help you? When have you helped them? When have you put aside what you wanted to do and put them first?"
         "What do you think I am doing right now? I am putting them first by creating something that will change our lives. This telportation invention will change the way we travel. It will revolutionize the airlines, vehicles, and even walking places. I did this for them. I sacrificed for them." I spoke seeing things from my perspective only.
         "Honey, we don't see it that way. We love you and accept what you are doing but you put you first. We did not want the money, the fame, or whatever it is you are searching for. We want you. Spending time with you, getting to know you and you getting to know us is all we asked for. You wanted the fame and glory for some reason. I'm sorry, if they do not want to help you I will not force them. I will though give them the option without repercussions of saying NO."

what does this family do? Do the kids go and help? Who destroyed the workshop and why?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Nosy Neighbor: Gertrude

*Noteb*
2. Stephanie

*Noteb*
3. Dax: a competition scientist

*Noteb*
4. Local Kids in the neighborhood

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Cadie Laine (UN: iamrighter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
amistrange has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1422311-Teleporter/cid/2044605-Jeff