*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/2906928-Insist-that-you-can-still-make-it-work-from-beh
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Insist that you can still make it work from behind Kelly Cooper's mask.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #25

Insist that you can still make it work from beh...

    by: Zuul
" Professor Blackwell...Sir," you start slowly while trying to mentally craft an argument that would allow you to stay put. " I don't think you are seeing the advantages to me staying where I am," you start as you allow Kellys' mind to take the forefront in forming your new plan. Quickly you begin spouting why you should stay as Kelly upon seeing a single eyebrow on the Professors face lift. Before he can retort you say " Yes it's true that as Kelly I am a stay at home mother with a household to run but she already had plans to change that in a few months anyway. It won't be long before my daughter graduates from high school and my husband and I will be empty nesters..." you trail off as you watch Professor Blackwell slowly tilt his head and begin to speak.

" That well may be true Mr. Prescott but your education as my apprentice takes precedence over having fun tormenting your tormenter." Blackwell responds.

" Yes , I admit it Professor, I am having fun and I do like living Mrs. Coopers life, but give me a second to make my case , please?" You plead. The Professor gives a curt nod of his head indicating that you should continue.

" Ah , okay, ah you see..." you stumble acting more like your old self rather than the self assured Kelly before shaking it off.
" I'm not just some sweet mother and a trophy wife. I have some intelligence here too!" You place one manicured finger to your temple. " And while I may have went to college on a cheerleader scholarship , even if I dropped out later because of pregnancy, I did finish up my degrees. "

" Where are you going with this Mr. Prescott? " The Professor asked exasperatedly.

" The point is that I can handle a family and school work too. Kelly finished the last year of university while taking care of an infant son , a randy husband , and her small household of the time. She even double majored. She was planning to find a job as soon as Chelsie went to college , but I can do it now instead. Maybe as an assistant to an archeology professor at Keyserling?" you throw the bait out knowing the big bloated fish was going to take it. Your daughter may be a schemer , but Kelly is a master manipulator who made sure not to teach her much in that area. " So what do you think Professor? Could we make that work? " You say as you begin to pace a four by four imaginary box , never taking your eyes off his and making sure the old pervert got a good look at your fit , mature body in the form fitting black dress slacks and and ruffled blouse you had worn for the effect the ensemble had on men. You and the Professor stare at each other for a few moments, the only sound made was the click clack of your heels on the marble floor of the houses foyer.

Finally the tension was broken by your golem as he made a groan and suddenly stood up and darted for the door, " I ah, gotta go. I think my Mom is calling me. " He said as he darted for the door while trying to hide a building erection. In a swift gust of wind caused by the large , ornate doors opening and shutting he was gone.

" W..what are Mrs. Coopers degrees in , if I may ask my dear?" Blackwell finally sputtered out while admiring your derriere.

" I'm so glad you asked Professor Blackwell. I have a degree in Psychology and Linguistics specializing in Latin roots from the University of Colorado. " You respond cheerfully. " I purposefully chose to stay at home and raise my children instead of pursuing a career. Now that they are almost out of the house I'm ready to put both of those to use. You do think they would be useful in our line of study don't you Aubrey? " you allow the question to hang thickly in the air as you stop pacing.

" They would indeed be useful Mr. Prescott.." he began before for you cut him off. " I prefer Mrs. Cooper , Professor. That is if we are going to have a working relationship."

" Yes...of course Mrs. Cooper. There is a problem though. I already have an assistant. Miss Vredenburg. " Blackwell pointed out, obviously smitten with the act you have been putting on "
"How could I explain hiring another?"

" Are you telling me that you are actually paying Lucy , Professor? Or that that thing pretending to be Lucy is anything but a golem that will do anything you tell it whether you pay it or not?" You ask pointedly.

" Yes , well, it is actually Miss Vredenburg in a sense, " Blackwell hedged. " At least she is under there somewhere... and no I don't actually pay her." he admitted.

" Good ! " You say while clasping your hands together and rising up on your tip toes in a very Chelsie like manner. " It wouldn't be unheard of for a department head at a large university like yourself to have an intern and a paid assistant. It will give me a reason to cut back on the time I have to spend maintaining my house, and an excuse to be around Lucy when you need us to work together on something. I'm so glad you decided to hire me Professor Blackwell. " You say as you scoop up your purse and your car keys. " I'll tell my family tonight at dinner, and start bright and early at seven AM tomorrow morning. Where would you like me to report? Here or at your office at Keyserling? " You smile brightly as you stopped and turned with your hand on the front door.

Blackwell , to his credit, tried his best not to look like a man who had been bullied and bamboozled into something he didn't mean to get into and was trying to figure out exactly how it happened simply said, " Here will suffice Mrs. Cooper. I have plenty of work for you to do here while I am at work. "

" Thank you again Professor. I promise you won't regret it. We are going to make an excellent team. I just know it!" And with another predatory smile you open the door and leave in a flourish.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Breaking the news

*Noteb*
2. Readers choice

*Noteb*
3. Readers choice

*Noteb*
4. Readers choice

*Noteb*
5. Readers choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Zuul (UN: freakydaughter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/2906928-Insist-that-you-can-still-make-it-work-from-beh