*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/996498-Dont-tell-Caleb
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Don't tell Caleb.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #16

Don't tell Caleb.

    by: rugal b.
Telling Caleb about the new spell might not be such a good idea. You've seen what he's done with just the golems, the way he's used them for his own gratification. You think that telling him about this slave spell would be even more disastrous. Those are just golems, not real flesh and blood people. If Caleb threw a modified Eva mask onto Yumi Saito, however and took advantage of the slave aspect to get her to give him a blow job... even if it looks like Eva it'd still be Yumi in reality and it'd still be a real live person he'd be taking advantage of. No, for now at least he doesn't need to learn of this one; not until you think he can be trusted to act in a more mature manner.

* * * * *

You say nothing to Caleb at school the next day. The day after that you're surprised to see no sign of Caleb (either as himself or as Eva) whatsoever. You tried calling and texting both his and Eva's phones in the hopes that he'd pick up one of them but alas that proves to be fruitless as well. You spend the rest of the day antsy and anxious, not wanting to admit it but a deep part of you might actually want to tell Caleb about the new spell. Or maybe he'd be able to help you figure out something with regards to the ripped page, maybe experiment a little bit and try throwing things out there to see if you can maybe get the next spell to work.

You mull the new spell over in your head as well. You can see the benefit of using it to get someone out of the way for a little bit and then removing the mask and having them go back to normal when you're done. However, you're deeply uncomfortable about making a real, living and breathing person your complete and total slave. It seems almost... evil. You hope to God you can figure something out with this ripped page spell and complete it. The next one said something about removal or undoing after all and you think that it's high time you bring back the real Eva Garner. You can't help but feel awful with regards to her. She can be a huge bitch but she doesn't deserve what you've done to her. You stole from her, both her money and her very life and humanity. She deserves to live once again and be the biggest bitch she can possibly be... restore SOME sense of normalcy.

* * * * *

Once school lets out around 4:00 PM, you decide to get over to the clubhouse and check to see if Caleb is there. However, much to your surprise, you see Jeremy down there polishing a mask.

"Caleb?" you ask in surprise, "Is that you?"

"Jeremy" shakes his head. "Nuh uh, it's me." he responds matter of factly.

"Oh, the golem?" you ask, then smack your head. "Duh! No shit! Who else would you be?"

"Yeah, great work there Sherlock. You got any other brilliant deductions?" the golem asks, attitude dripping from his voice.

You scowl at him and shake your head, "Shit, you think you'd be more... I dunno..."

"Nice?" the golem asks. "Look, I'm your slave. Nothing says I can't be a jackass about it though."

"Wonderful." you say annoyed, "So why are you polishing that mask?"

The golem just looks down at the mask and continues polishing. "Oh, your buddy's been coming down here and making masks." he replies, "I dunno, I'm not really a details guy, you'll have to ask him whenever he gets back. The other golem's somewhere around her polishing another mask" it adds.

"Wait, what? How?" you ask, surprise on your face.

The Jeremy golem flashes a grin. "He's been using your mask to order us around. It's kind of clever honestly." it says.

You rub the bridge of your nose with your thumb and index finger, "And how's that possible when the only masks around should be the one you've got and my mask?"

"He made another one." the golem responds, "Ask him yourself when he gets here."

"Alright, so then where the hell is Caleb at?" you ask.

"Right here, dude!" a voice calls out. You turn around and look to see Jessica Garner entering the room, looking admittedly smoking in a short skirt and low cut pink tanktop, her long blonde hair bouncing nearly as much as her large boobs. "Hey there! Surprised to see me?" she smiles.

"...Caleb?! Is that you?" is all you can spurt out.

"In Jessica's flesh, yeah." Caleb states.

"But... HOW?! How the fuck did you get that thing?!" you yell-ask.

"Calm down Will, Christ. You're gonna give yourself an aneurysm." he says, tucking a bit of blonde hair behind his ear, "It's simple as hell... well kind of planned out but yeah. Anyway, that day we started making my mask... well I never actually WENT home. Just pretended to. Actually, I came back, threw on your mask and ordered the golem to start making another mask instead. Basically during the overnight hours and while we were in school it was down here polishing it."

"Wait... goddamn, of course!" you exclaim, "THAT'S why it took so long to polish your mask. You had it working on YOUR stuff this whole time."

"Guilty as charged." Caleb smiles, "Anyway, while it did that I got to work making some of those bands. It finished this and, uh, I kinda... took the Eva mask. Went home as her and used the new blank mask on Jessica. Came back in the morning, threw the Jessica mask on the Eva golem and put her to work, then went to school as Eva that day." he explains.

"Ugh, I FIGURED something was up that day you were absent." you say, "I actually kind of suspected that you were fooling around with the Eva mask. But then I got here and we both kept polishing the mask."

"Yeah, I got here before you did, took the Eva and Jessica masks off of myself and the Eva golem. Actually, I've been having both golems working during the overnight hours and taking the Eva one out for school. You never noticed that I was always here a little bit before you?" he asks.

You just shrug in reply. "I didn't think anything of it. But then... the materials! How'd you get enough to make..."

"Three masks." comes the answer.

"THREE?! How the fuck...?!" you yell.

Jessica's pretty shoulders shrug, "There's still stuff all around this school that nobody will obviously miss. Taking some stuff from the organic garden club at school at night. Using my meager funds on anything I can't get from those two sources."

You look at Caleb, or the fake Jessica, and you want to strangle him. How the hell could he go and do this behind your back? It's so backhanded and two-faced that you want to bitch him out right then there. At the same time though, a part of you (larger than you care to admit) has to give him props. His plan is ingenuous. He obviously knows what he's doing and has been making better use of these masks and golems than you ever could. So you let those feelings of rage subside and decide to let bygones be bygones. "Okay, this is all very smart I have to admit. So who all have you gotten?"

"Well, here's my newest one." Caleb says, laying down on the ground and pulling off the Jessica mask. After he comes back to the land of the conscious in a few minutes, he pulls the newest mask out of a book bag and applies it. Again, after a couple of good minutes he stands back up and smiles. "Konnichiwa." he says.

"Shit, Yumi Saito?" you say looking at the duplicate of Yumi, Jessica's skirt fitting fine but the tank top looking a little loose on Yumi's frame due possibly to the size of Jessica's chest.

"Yeah." Caleb grins, "I was going after a cheerleader today and she happened to be the one around at the end of the day. Not gonna complain though... especially when we get this thing on a golem." He laughs and you roll your eyes as you know he's had a bit of a thing for Yumi for awhile. Not a crush exactly but... a lustful admiration is probably the best term. "Man, this IS a really good choice!" he exclaims, "Her memories are telling me that she's got two hot-ass cousins over at Eastman."

"Geez, you're not gonna use that mask to get them are you?" The question is obviously rhetorical and full of sarcasm.

"Yumi's" grin continues to grow. "Why not? Two more girls and I've seen some of the great pieces of ass that go to Eastman." He comes out of his reverie long enough to point you to the table. "Oh, right, the other two masks I managed to get are over there. One's Mindy McAdams and the other..." that grin is now decidedly devilish. "Well... let's just say that one's special. Feel free to try either one."

You go over to the table and look at the two masks. The special one... something about it looks familiar but you're having trouble placing it. Caleb obviously isn't going to tell you so the only way to see who it is is to put it on. But at the same time maybe you shouldn't. There IS another mask after all.

You have the following choices:

1. Put the "special" mask on

*Noteb*
2. Go with the Mindy mask instead

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rugal b. (UN: rugal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/996498-Dont-tell-Caleb