*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The desert world
  2. A new Solar System
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1516693-Five-Giant-Planets/cid/634761-The-desert-world
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1516693
You are an astronaut sucked into a solar system of gigantic proportions.
This choice: Varash, 1st planet, a desert world seemingly lifeless (Amazons)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The desert world

    by: Neo-rodent
You engage the ship's matter/antimatter drive, hoping it wasn't damaged in the wormhole. Its pleasant purr sends waves of relief through you. Anything would be better than asphyxiating to death out here in the dark of space.

Knowing it will be many hours before the ship reaches its destination, you turn on the auto-pilot, switch on all proximity detectors, and lie back in your cushy astronaut's chair for an extended nap. In your dreams you are running from something (a monster?) but you never see anything but its shadow. Somehow you know, that to remain beneath it is doom so whenever it falls on you, you run for your life. Finally when you dare a look up at the titanic object of your dread and awake with a shudder not remembering what your tormentor was only that she was horrible... 'She?'

Your thoughts are pulled away from your dream by the beeping of the proximity alarm. A quick look beyond the cockpit determines why. In front of you all you can see is the yellow curvature of the desert planet and already friction from its dusty atmosphere is coaxing flames up the nose of your ship. 'The wormhole must have shorted out the auto-pilot.' You chide yourself, 'why didn't I run a full diagnostic.'

After, opening all drag flaps and engaging stabilizers, you grab hold of the stick and prepare to wrestle her down. Mom always told you that playing video games constantly would ruin your chances at life. Now its only your innate skill with a control stick that lies between you and certain vaporization.

You have the following choices:

1. Crash in the dwelling-place of an amazon giantess.

2. Land safely, albeit roughly, in the desert

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Neo-rodent (UN: glacialmind101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Neo-rodent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1516693-Five-Giant-Planets/cid/634761-The-desert-world