*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1516693-Five-Giant-Planets/cid/634767-Out-of-the-Furnace-and-into-the-Fire
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1516693
You are an astronaut sucked into a solar system of gigantic proportions.
This choice: A two story warehouse crowned by smoking stacks.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Out of the Furnace and into the Fire

    by: Neo-rodent
Despite your best efforts the ship careens in the worst possible direction: right toward one of the cities many soot-spewing stacks. A particularly tall one, it appears to ascend from some sort of factory. An artificial equal of any volcano on earth it spits enough ash to make Pompeii's great eruption look like a campfire. Not wanting to smash into the outside of its brick cone, you do the only thing you can do, steer right into its smoking maw.

Darkness engulfs the ship for a moment, but it is soon replaced by an orange glint at the end of a very long tunnel. All else is obscured by a constant upwards rain of hot ash and smoke. The dive is too steep to turn so you quell your fears and follow the pipe down to the light. It brightens with your approach and you can now see the individual coals, briquettes the size of boulders. Once the pipe opens into the heated furnace you wrench up on the stick barely pulling up before crashing into them. "Heat shields failing," the computer recounts the latest doom. "Shut the fuck up and let me fly," you yell as you angle the plane for the furnace door. A giant shovel is retracting and the olympian workmen is bending down to shut the blast door.

You crank the throttle expending the rest of your fuel in one shot but granting you just enough speed to make it through before the iron door toles shut. Knowing your ship is now doomed to crash, you pull the ejection lever and hurtle out into the unknown. Your parachute opens immediately, cued by the altitude, but catches hold of one of the many cinders still burning atop the hull. The ember quickly solders a hole in your shoot hurrying your descent. You are now falling so quick you barely have time to look around. Directly below appears to be a moving conveyor, but you can't make out what's on it.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Land on the conveyor.

2. Try to guide the shoot to drop you elsewhere.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Neo-rodent (UN: glacialmind101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Neo-rodent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1516693-Five-Giant-Planets/cid/634767-Out-of-the-Furnace-and-into-the-Fire