*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Mega-Earth
  2. A new Solar System
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1516693-Five-Giant-Planets/cid/634768-Mega-Earth
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1516693
You are an astronaut sucked into a solar system of gigantic proportions.
This choice: Doros, 5th planet, a huge world even on the scale of this system (Mega GTS)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Mega-Earth

    by: Neo-rodent
Your scientific curiosity compels you to investigate the third planet, for you can't understand how a gas giant could harbor life. Kicking on the intrastellar boosters, you lean back and wait. It doesn't take long, nothing propels better than that old fashioned mix of matter and antimatter. Soon you are looking at a huge white globe, but.. wait a second. Between the clouds you see land. 'Impossible! That much rock should have enough gravity to crush you like a bug.' You check the instruments and see that they read normal gravity, just slightly more than earth. 'Perhaps the outer rock of the planet is just a thin skin overtop another inner atmosphere?'

Anxious to find out the truth of all this you angle the ship into an atmospheric descent. Resisting the temptation to fly it through yourself, you place the ship on auto pilot and let the computer guide you down. You rest back trusting to the machine despite her gender. Suddenly a strong gust from the atmosphere sends the ship twirling out of control. You'd forgotten that the turbulance in an atmosphere so big would be exponentially greater than earth's and your ship's tiny thrusters are simply no match for their power. Now you are paying for your mistake in G's as the landscape below spins round and round.

Because of the motion you can't make out much of what lies below though it looks to geometrical to be wilderness. A city perhaps?

You have the following choices:

1. Eject over a city park.

2. Try to right the ship and land her.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Neo-rodent (UN: glacialmind101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Neo-rodent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1516693-Five-Giant-Planets/cid/634768-Mega-Earth